cancelations and payout

Answered!
Michael2152
Level 2
Algeciras, Spain

cancelations and payout

Hi,

i am a host and i had a guest who had to cancel his booking . He send me a request to pay his money back and i accepted.

The answer from the system is that this amount will be deducted from my next payout. Does that meen i will get still payed for this booking

so that airbnb can deduct or would i loose?

thanks

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Michael2152,

You have a flexible cancellation policy for both your listings so I presume that the guest cancelled within 24 hours of checkin and so was not due an automatic refund but you agreed to refund him anyway.

In this case Airbnb will pay you for the cancelled reservation in the usual way, a day or so after the checkin date. They will then handle the refund you gave by paying the amount to the guest and deducting that amount from the payout to you for the next guest who checks in.

If the guest cancelled more than 24 hours before checkin then contact Airbnb support to make sure that the guest isn't refunded twice.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Michael2152,

You have a flexible cancellation policy for both your listings so I presume that the guest cancelled within 24 hours of checkin and so was not due an automatic refund but you agreed to refund him anyway.

In this case Airbnb will pay you for the cancelled reservation in the usual way, a day or so after the checkin date. They will then handle the refund you gave by paying the amount to the guest and deducting that amount from the payout to you for the next guest who checks in.

If the guest cancelled more than 24 hours before checkin then contact Airbnb support to make sure that the guest isn't refunded twice.

Steve.

thank you Steve,

cancelation policy is moderate but it was only two days before arrival , so it should be still the case like you described , 

thank you

Hello @Michael2152,

Apologies that I misread the policy on the "Nice room" listing. Like you say it should work out.

Steve.

Gabriel681
Level 2
Buenos Aires, Argentina

hello there !!

I just began hosting

It seems to me that all the policy refound info focus on the guest situation.

I can read clearly in a long term policy the full payout will go to the host.

What about, payouts on Flexible, Moderate and Estrict Policy ?

Anyone can help me with this ?