cancellation - me or the guest?

Rob294
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

cancellation - me or the guest?

So, a guest instant booked listing four adult guests (so far, so good) but it turns out she has two additional guests (her daughters) also coming adn we don't have space/beds for that. Who cancels the booking - me or her?! I'm a first timer, and don't want to get penalised!

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Rob294 ,

Your listing is not clear about beds. It mentioned in headlines 3 bedrooms, 3 beds. But in the description it mentions 2 bedroom, 1 with kingsize bed and 1 with airbed. Better to setup the section "sleeping-facilities"  also in the listing, so it will be more clear then.

But anyway, maximum is 4 guests and not 6, The guest should have known this at time of booking, as they  booked allready for 4 adults. It is the guest who needs to cancel (or leave daughters home....)

best regards, Emiel

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

They do, they can still come of course with 4 people.

David
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Rob294 Hi 🙂

You must never ever cancel on a guest. It will hurt your ratings badly.

If it was me I would write a message to the guest explaining in a very kind way that my apartment is only set up to accomendate 4 people so I'm afraid I won't be able to host them. Then I  would contact airbnb and they will take care of the cancellation .

Best, Sandra 

@Rob294 the guest is the one who needs to cancel. You are ready and willing to host 4 guests, as specified in the original reservation. It that does not work for the guest, then they need to cancel.

And I agree with @Emiel1, the number of bedrooms seems to be 2, but the top of your listing says there are 3 bedrooms. Also there only seem to be 2 beds, but you claim 3 beds at the top.

Which is it?