cancellation policy

James2485
Level 1
Cudahy, WI

cancellation policy

we were told by a host that previous guests who usually stay with her during season had canceled this year and she offered the place to us. she quoted a rate to us which we found acceptable and we were waiting on her to send the rental agreement. we were confident we were going to flagler beach florida for the winter. today she contacted us to say the previous guests had un-cancelled - maybe - if the border from canada opens back up - they would know by september 23rd. we don't feel this is right. is this legal?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@James2485 

If this host has listed the accommodation on Airbnb,she can sent you the special offer via Airbnb. After your acceptance/payment it becomes a  confirmed booking.

BTW "uncancel" does not excists, the previous guests need to make a new booking anyway

Tell the host you don't want to be in some queue, as you need to make plans also.

So ask her to sent the offer now, not wanting to wait until september 23rd

Best regards,

Emiel

i don't think this lady is right in the head. now she is being abusive and calling me derogatory names. maybe i dodged a bullet not renting with her?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@James2485  Yep, sounds like one to avoid. I'd also hit that flag symbol on the host's profile to report her behavior. Not okay at all.

FYI no way the border will be open by Sept. 23.