cancellation policy

cancellation policy

My tenant, whom I rented my house for 25 days on August 5, left the house after staying for 1 night, saying that he did not like the house and demanded a refund, and I said that it was not possible due to the cancellation conditions. , then contacted AIRBNB. and made an unfounded claim, saying that there was no air conditioning in the house. Although there is no evidence, he found the guest correct and took money from my account, how true do you think this is. As a result, the house was checked and the guest canceled the reservation himself. AIRBNB does not abide by the cancellation policy and is making me suffer.

5 Replies 5
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Kemal20 

I can understand why you are upset.

I don’t think they should have canceled without speaking with you first.

If they have already refunded his payment I doubt that there is anything you can do to recover your money.

I hope you will review this guest in order to warn other hosts about his unethical behavior. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kemal20  Which of your listings was this for? I see that the first two do not list air  conditioning, so if it was one of those, there is no way the guest should have been allowed to cancel and be refunded on that  basis.

Your third listing does say air conditioning, so if that was an error on your part, or it wasn't working, then the guest did have a legitimate cause.

And I have to say, I don't know how your pricing compares to other comparable places in your area of the world, but they seem way too cheap for what you offer and the number of guests they accommodate. That will attract poor guests. It's better to raise your prices, even if it means a few less bookings, than to get lots of bookings and bad guests who scam for refunds or disrespect the place. I charge more for a private room in my home for one guest than you do for an entire apartment that sleeps 3. And my guests tell me it's great value.

There is air conditioning in the apartment rented by the guest and it is working, I even had it serviced before he came. The price of my house is due to the conditions of my location, so there is a lot of competition here and sometimes it can be profitable to cut prices.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kemal20  I see. So the guest just  lied and you were never asked to confirm that the AC was there and working. You have been the victim of a very wrong decision by a clueless CS rep. You could persistently fight it. Just a matter of whether the time involved is worth it. But Airbnb shouldn't be allowed to get away with this s**t.

A suggestion for the future- limit bookings to a week or so, if enough guests look for that in your area, so if anything like this happens in the future, you don't stand to lose so much money. 

Hopefully you will be able to rebook some of the dates this lying jerk cancelled.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kemal20  Also, Airbnb hates having their dirty tricks aired in public. Try posting your issue to their Twitter account. Just say the guest completely lied about a missing amenity, and was given a refund based on the lie, and you, as the host, were never consulted about the amenity, which was indeed provided and in perfect working order.