cancellation

Mojca6
Level 1
Slovenia

cancellation

Hi

I have a problemi hope you can help me with. My guests have confirmed a booking for August are now texting me that theycannot come, but despite my reminders to cancel/decline the reservation in this case, they still haven’t done it and are ignoring

11 Replies 11
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Mojca6. Possibly the guests know how cancellations work and maybe they would like to trick you into cancelling yourself. Of course don't do that. You might contact Airbnb to do so (make sure you again don't press any button to agree) just to let them free your calendar.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Hi Marzena,

we ask the guest to cancel the reservation and he agreed but ask us to cancel since he'll get a bad review. Does he really is going to get since we comunicating and agreed upon cancelation inside of Airbnb application?

Do we have to contact AirBnB prior to cancelation in order to avoid losing a superhost status and paying the penalty?

Since our emergency circumstance falls under the Extenuating Circumstances Policy will we be able to secure non penalty resolution with AirBnB prior to cancelation?

(you may no an example through your experience)

Your answers would be higly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Divna and Milosh

Hello @Divna-And-Milos0

If you need to cancel under extenuating circumstances why are you asking your guest to cancel the booking? This is not fair to the guest.

Just follow the procedure outlined in Airbnb's Extenuating Circumstances for hosts on the Airbnb Help Centre.

By the way if you have a question always a good idea to start your own thread rather than posting in the middle of someone else's, as this leads to confusion.

Hi @Helen3,

thanks for jumping into conversation and "added to confusion"?!

It was my first time trying to get info but could not find AirBnB contact (e-mail or phone number) and you would be helpful if you sent me any of the above. I would higly appreciate it.

The guest aproved the cancelation and I am trying to get AirBnB to do so since we agreed inside of Airbnb application in order to avoid bad review and lose the rating. What is wrong with that?, since it is nobody's fault and both parties consent. 

I would even appreciate if you can answer my questions I asked in the post you reponded to and help me find the way out.

Thanks in advance!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Divna-And-Milos0 ,

If you have to cancel a reservation due to extenuating circumstances you have to follow the procedures stated here:  

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1320/what-if-i-need-to-cancel-because-of-an-emergency-or-unavoid.... If you want to contact Airbnb, try Airbnb Help: contact  or read Contact Airbnb - A Community Help Guide [UPDATED] 

Best regards, Emiel

Hi @Emiel0,

Thanks for the links but I already read them all. 

I asked for AirBnB contact (e-mail or phone number) and it would be helpful if you sent me any of the above. I would higly appreciate it. Does anybody know how to contact AirBnB directly??

I want to contact them before canceling (or to ask them to cancel) in order to AVOID penalty and lose superhost status. All these articles suggest that you deal with it after cancelation and all is up in the air. No guarantees, someone decides afterwords asking for proof, etc... I want to explain the situation that we unfortunately end up being in, to MAKE SURE to AVOID bad review and all the above, to know what to expect. It means a lot to us to keep excelent rating.

We had guests that cancel as we agreed:

Thierry

Mar 2 - 5, 2018 · 2 guests
Canceled

Did they get the bad review??

Our guest gave us a green light to cancel and I do not see the reason to pay the penalty or more importantly, lose the superhost status. Submitting afterwards, after the fact, after you cancel because the gueast ask you to do so (and we do not mind) does not guarantee anything. As I said, it is up in the air! Unknown decision...

Any response would be helpful.
Sincerely,
D and M

Hello @Marzena0 in Krakow, 

can you please tell us how to contact AirBnB to cancel the reservation that we agreed on with a guest?

Thanks in advance!

D and M

Elizabeth429
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

Are they texting you on you mobile phone? Do not make or answer any other communication outside of Airbnb application. Otherwise Airbnb wont know what has been really going on with those guests.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I would reply to them on the system and tell them they need to cancel asap to ensure a refund.

David

@Mojca6   You could tell them if they don't cancel Airbnb will not be able to process a refund for them. Airbnb is holding their money, not you.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Divna-And-Milos0   If you wanted to cancel this reservation due to YOUR extenuating circumstances, it is you who should be cancelling, whether the guest agreed to it or not.

If the guest needs to cancel due to changing plans on THEIR end, it is up to the guest to cancel.

Contact info for airbnb can be found pinned to the top of this Help forum.