cancellation

cancellation

Hi, I'm an Airbnb host and I need your help because I do not know what to do.
On September 18 and 19 I had a confirmed and accepted reservation, we were waiting for the clients all the time and they never showed up. They called us on the phone the night of the 19 but the call was not heard and we could not establish communication with them. In the end they never arrived.
On this day I received an Airbnb notification saying that the client had contacted them. The clients told Airbnb that we could not take care of them and that they could not enjoy their stay in our house. The message received asked us to respond in one hour, something that is impossible for Cuba because we do not have free Internet like most of the countries. When I could review it, more than an hour had passed so I could not respond in that short time. Airbnb then canceled the reservation. This I consider very unfair without having valued my position and my tests. They only listened to the client's position that he unquestioningly lied saying that I could not receive him when in fact they never showed up.
Can you please tell me what I should do?
Thank you for your answers.

Hi, I'm an Airbnb host and I need your help because I do not know what to do.
On September 18 and 19 I had a confirmed and accepted reservation, we were waiting for the clients all the time and they never showed up. They called us on the phone the night of the 19 but the call was not heard and we could not establish communication with them. In the end they never arrived.
On this day I received an Airbnb notification saying that the client had contacted them. The clients told Airbnb that we could not take care of them and that they could not enjoy their stay in our house. The message received asked us to respond in one hour, something that is impossible for Cuba because we do not have free Internet like most of the countries. When I could review it, more than an hour had passed so I could not respond in that short time. Airbnb then canceled the reservation. This I consider very unfair without having valued my position and my tests. They only listened to the client's position that he unquestioningly lied saying that I could not receive him when in fact they never showed up.
Can you please tell me what I should do?
Thank you for your answers.
4 Replies 4
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Bnb4cuba0  I would get on AirbnbHelp on Twitter and send a direct message to them. This is not acceptable and was totally wrong. The guest did not show up as per the booking they lied to get a full refund they were not entltled to. I would argue this one big time. 

Hi Letti,
Thank you very much for your reply. I do not have much experience on Twitter. I would greatly appreciate it if you would help me get in touch with Airbnb as I consider the measure they took against me very unfair without even having listened to me. They believed in the lies of the clients. What do you advise me to do?
Thanks for your help.

Hi Letti,
´@letti Thank you very much for your reply. I do not have much experience on Twitter. I would greatly appreciate it if you would help me get in touch with Airbnb as I consider the measure they took against me very unfair without even having listened to me. They believed in the lies of the clients. What do you advise me to do?
Thanks for your help.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Bnb4cuba0   Here's how to sign up with Twitter:  https://help.twitter.com/en/create-twitter-account

Once your account is created log in to Twitter click on the little box on the top righthand side that says search twitter. Type in AirbnbHelp  and hit the enter key. Click on the righthand side the little tab that says follow and hit enter. Then on top will be a Messages click on that and start a conversation. Type in air and click on AirbnbHelp send a direct message with all the information you have put together in the message. Then hit send. It sounds complicated, but it's really not only about 5-10 minutes and once set up it's instant to contact them via message just by logging into your Twitter account.