cancellation

Carly128
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

cancellation

Hello, 

I have a guest keep calling me directly - she says she needs to cancel a booking but can't her end, she is asking me to do it. Ive explained that I'd rather not do this as it will impact me negatively but she's adamant she can do it her end. 

She has been in contact with air bnb with no help apparently. 

Lady said that she doesn't have an account and booked without an account. 

Please someone help - after a horrendous few months the last thing I want to do is get penalties.

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Carly128 don't cancel - it may well hurt you. Its ridiculous to suggest she has booked without an account UNLESS someone booked for her. I suggest you message the guest and see who responds!

Thank you for the advice - I thought it sounded odd which Is why I thought id check it out with the community. She responds, I tried emailing her, I've left it to her to pull it up with Air BnB. Thanks again

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Carly128  This sounds like BS, how could she have booked w/no account?  Why can't she cancel, all she has to do is click on a button, what she might mean is she cant' cancel without losing her airbnb fee, but that is her issue.  DO NOT cancel on her behalf.

Carly128
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi Mark, I hadn't thought that she would be left with a fee but of course.... Thank you - I'll leave it to her. Many thanks 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Wise advice above, @Carly128. Don't cancel

Carly128
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

thanks Gordon. Advice taken on board

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Carly128 If a guest wants to cancel, don't tell them "I'd rather not", as if that is something you aren't willing to accommodate, just tell them that the party that wants to cancel is the one who needs to do that, and if they are giving you some story about why they can't, no matter what the story is, that's irrelevant. And if they keep calling you, just block their number and stop engaging with them.

Nanxing0
Level 10
Haverford, PA

Simply ask the guest to contact the customer service for help. This is beyond what we as hosts can help with. As hosts, we only deal with accommodations, while if the guest needs to cancel he/she needs to work it out with Airbnb.