cancelled due to power outage in unit, but did not get full refund!

Shawn113
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

cancelled due to power outage in unit, but did not get full refund!

so on my first AirBnb booking we arrived at the plce with no power.   the host came over and managed to get it bac on, but it later went out again, after waiting for an electricain to arrive for sometime  decided to book a hotel down the road.      The host agreed to a full refund however when i received the refund, there was a difference of around  $100 short.    Is this typcical on a refund?    How can I go about getting the rest of this back?

1 Reply 1
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Shawn113,

I'm not sure how the cancellation proceeded. If you simply cancelled the reservation on your side then the refund will be according to the terms of the host's cancellation policy. In that case you probably don't get back the Airbnb guest fee that you were charged. The amount of that will be shown, probably in the "invoice" section when you open the trip in your "Trips" section.

it may also be the case, depending on the time of day that you cancelled, that you forfeit the cost of the first night's accommodation. this will be outlined in the host's cancellation policy.

If you haven't done so you could contact Airbnb support to see if more can be refunded due to the circumstances. there should be a contact link iin the confirmation email you received.

Steve.