cancelled reservation request by a guest ...

Athibadin0
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

cancelled reservation request by a guest ...

if a guest makes a reservation request and cancels the request themselves , will there be any penalties for me as a host?

Thxs loads 

Ex

5 Replies 5
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Athibadin0

Now assuming you are talking about a reservation request, there is no penalty to you.  I am assuming they are cancelling their request because they found somewhere else to stay.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

what happened was that I couldn't accommodate that guest. And I was afraid that there would be negatively impacted on my acceptance rate if I was the one who cancelled the request. So I told him to cancel the request for me ......

If i was the one who cancelled the request, I would be penalized on acceptance rate right ???

Was the reservation booked and you received email from Airbnb confirming the reservation, or was it a request and you did not accept and the clock is still ticking. If there is a clock involved you will need to decline and there is no penalty unless 24 hours lapse. If you accepted already and want to now cancel, that is a problem.

You are penalized for cancelling a confirmed reservation.  You are not penalized in your response rate for declining a reservation request. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/430/how-are-my-response-rate-and-response-time-calculated

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Athibadin0,

Thanks for starting this topic. The cancellation policy is discussed quite frequently within the Community Center. Therefore, in addition to the useful information provided by the other hosts in this thread, I would recommend you searching in the Center's search bar seen at the top of every page and you will see other discussions on a range of scenarios to do with cancellations. 

Here is an interesting discussion about if hosts cancel a booking, which might be helpful to you in the future. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.