careless and review impact irresponsible Guests

careless and review impact irresponsible Guests

Hi AirBnB, my name is Sebastian and i live in a house where 2 of the 3 bedroom I listed on AirBnB.
I realize that everytime the "2" listings are in use, my rates and feedback goes down. like I'm suffering the careless guests cleaning and or damage items.
I love hosting for AirBnB, and at the same time it gets me frustrated when I see how the careless guests impact everybodies experience.
Also how lower a have to get my listing prices in order to have them booked by cheaper and careless new AirBnB users for a result that is lower income and lowering rate reviews plus dealing with claims.
It's energy and Time consuming.
is there a way for AirBnB to make the Guests filtering/rating more reasonable.
It looks like some have very high cleaning standards and not as high caring standards.
Also, whatever one guest does, it affects my other guest review about our listings, and in reality I can't be 24/7 behind each guest to make sure they don't **bleep** up other guests experience or me.

Is there any AirBnB support group or coach that I can contact and have a real conversation about it?

Perspective.

AirBnB (not very low prices for travelers)
Host (several responsibilities and work for little earnings)
Travelers (careless and review impact irresponsible)

Any Leads, or help would be welcome.
Thank you, Sebastian.

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sebastian485  If you are going to rent out 2 bedrooms to guests who are unrelated to each other, you have to be prepared to clean and tidy common and shared areas on a regular basis when you have messy or dirty guests who don't clean up after themelves. If there's a shared bathroom, for instance, you would have to clean the bathroom at least once a day, and possibly do a quick tidy up,/cleaning a couple times a day.

Same goes for house rules- if one guest is being noisy late at night or early in the morning, you need to let the disturbing guest know that that's not acceptable (and of course state quiet hours in your listing and house rules, and re-iterate when booking and arriving).

If you don't have the time or inclination to do this, you will end up getting bad reviews, and you might consider listing the 2 rooms as a package deal to one set of booking guests.

@Sarah977 omg, Thank you Sarah, your answer it's such an eye opener, now that  I  see it, it's the only way to make it work. I was frustrated expecting all the guests to be considered, but unfortunately that's not realistic 100% of the time. 

Thank you very much for your quick response and support. 

I appreciate it very much. 

Now back to the claims. 

In a Not included kitchen 

I got 2 different guests pointing fingers at each other's for scratching the wood kitchen counter w the knife for not using a cutting board.

The repair estimated is on $300.

How do I deal with this situation..?

Thank you very much in advance