category description in announce

Answered!

category description in announce

To the Community Center

Hello : I have been asked to check my announce, seeing a traveller accused me to lie!!

"Etage spacieux et lumineux d'une villa au vert" means – this is in the French talking part of Belgium

Means : Spacious and bright first floor of a villa "au vert" (countryside)

When filling the AirBNB information menus in "Logement et chambres", 3 categories appear:

1. Category menu: the best fitting word is "maison" (house)
  2. Category "Type of property" in the menu: the best fitting word is "villa"
  3. Type of accomodation : the best fitting word is "logement entier", meaning:

"Travellers have available the whole of the accomodation. Generally the "logement entier" includes a sleeping room, a bathroom and a kitchen". In my case, you can add a immense living and sitting room, stretchin from one side to the other oif the villa.

So that it, here are the categories of AirBNB's menus. Why cant' those guys, acknowledging the comments of the travellers able to defend the host, because they are aware or try to understand these menus, when a problem arrises?

Thank you in advance for your help or comments. Mireille **

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Mireille294 If the entire listed space is for the booked guest alone, with no shared spaces, then categorizing it as ‘entire place/home/apartment’ etc is correct. Having said that, your listing description could be expanded to make the property details explicitly clear, to head off potential misunderstanding by certain guests, as you have a lot of room to do so.

Airbnb CS is generally inept at dealing with issues. I gather that the reviewer ‘Julien’ was the guest who took issue. That they called you racist is enough to have the review removed as it violates the review policy. 

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/2673/airbnbs-review-policy

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Mireille294 If the entire listed space is for the booked guest alone, with no shared spaces, then categorizing it as ‘entire place/home/apartment’ etc is correct. Having said that, your listing description could be expanded to make the property details explicitly clear, to head off potential misunderstanding by certain guests, as you have a lot of room to do so.

Airbnb CS is generally inept at dealing with issues. I gather that the reviewer ‘Julien’ was the guest who took issue. That they called you racist is enough to have the review removed as it violates the review policy. 

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/2673/airbnbs-review-policy

Many thanks Colleen for your detailed answer.

Airbnb CS : what does it mean?

Indeed I already wrote to Airbnb Paris to request the removal of the review, and asked

them to call me, but got no answer.

What should I do next?

mirvano@gmail.com

@Mireille294 As Sarah said, re CS meaning. You may need to be persistent and try a few different customer service ambassadors until you find success in having the review removed. Contacting by chat is often helpful, as you can provide a link to the review policy. Many of them are not familiar with Airbnb policy. Hard to believe, I know.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mireille294  CS= customer service. Andd you should delete your email address here- it's a security risk to post your personal info on a public forum.

Hello @Sarah977  and @Colleen253,

You were right in sensing the ineptitude of CS to deal with (in my case) violation issue of the review policy.

Being treated as racist since mid September, after several trials to contact CS Paris, I received such answers as  : the case is closed (since requesting me), it's another department to decide, etc

This was also the answer of the unique person that contacted me to tell my story on 7.10.21.

She adviced to link with the local police, but nothing happened from the CS center.

Could you help by advicin g the method to contact AMBASSADORS?

I hope it will be helpful. Many thanks. Mireille

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mireille294 It is unclear to me who you have managed to contact at Airbnb. The contact numbers are pinned to a post at the top of the help section of this community. Being called a racist is a clear violation of the Airbnb review policy (which you should read) before talking to Airbnb.

Hi Mike-and-Jane0 thank you for your solidarity. I never know whom I contact at Airbnb Fr, unless a firstname.

The art in policy is 546.

Since the offensive review is still there, I thin the advice of Colleen253 to look for Ambassadors in CS wouls be useful, but I dont' know how to do this.

@Mireille294 “Ambassador” is simply what Airbnb calls it’s customer service representatives. Have you tried contacting by chat? With chat it’s easy to briefly outline your issue and provide a  link to the relevant policy that’s been violated. Persistence and patience is required. Keep your communications simple and brief, and only mention the issue of being called racist, otherwise you can easily overwhelm whomever you’re speaking with. Which is likely what happened with the one who suggested you contact the police. 

@Colleen253Thank you for following.  I guess  i did chat with several "ambassadors", but in most  but all cases they refer to a "superior" to tell they can't take decisions ... and noting follows.

I'll continue according your suggestion; acting from my center and inner cohesion,  calm, feeling I am standing for my rights