change base price in my listing, but still guests are charged with the old price!!! help

Answered!
Nefeli1
Level 2
Thessaloniki, Greece

change base price in my listing, but still guests are charged with the old price!!! help

hello. am new in the platform ... i changed two months ago the base price in my listing but the platform still charges my guests with the old price , for example i had 23e/night, then i changed to 30e and my guests where charged 23,75e/night !!! i had to send them a personal message to appologise and send them a special offer message....that they accept. then i changed my pricing all over again by editing price , base price 35e, save! and now again the platform charged my guests with 26,50e/night! i hit the preview button to see how my profil appears to guests and i see my listing with 23e/night again...!!! i go to the pricing menu and i hit the edit button and it appears in the base price : 35e !!!! smart pricing is off... whats wrong? its a sensitive matter cause i dont like to change the price afterwards for my guests ! why the system doesnt save my 35e pricing/ night? why the system is charging my guests with 23,75 , or 26,50 , while the house it appears to be 23e/night and in the listing preview and 35e set in my base price but not charged as so when guests book my place... ??????

1 Best Answer
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Nefeli1

there are two ways you can set your prices. First is Base price. Second is Custom price. Your custom price will override your base price.

You can set your custom price by going to your calendar, select days you want / set your custom price / save

Now it seems your prices are 23-24 € per day. Maybe you did set 20€ as your base price but Airbnb will add few € on it for currency conversion.

Your guests will also be charged for your cleaning fee 10€ + Airbnb guest fee (about 13%)

You will be charged for host fee (about 3%)

so the math is:

(your accomodation price + currency conversion fee) x days booked + cleaning fee - host fee = your payout

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Nefeli1

there are two ways you can set your prices. First is Base price. Second is Custom price. Your custom price will override your base price.

You can set your custom price by going to your calendar, select days you want / set your custom price / save

Now it seems your prices are 23-24 € per day. Maybe you did set 20€ as your base price but Airbnb will add few € on it for currency conversion.

Your guests will also be charged for your cleaning fee 10€ + Airbnb guest fee (about 13%)

You will be charged for host fee (about 3%)

so the math is:

(your accomodation price + currency conversion fee) x days booked + cleaning fee - host fee = your payout

Yes , Thank you , I think its That 🙂 thanx a lot that was helpful ❤️

Hello.  I have a quick question for you.  How do I apply the discount a customer is asking for if the pre-approved amount is different?  So basically my rate is $88 a night and my customers is requesting $75 a night.  How do I honer that?

Please advise.

Thank you!!

Dalila

@Dalila23, if the guest does not yet have a confirmed booking with you, you can send the guest a Special Offer.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/35/how-do-i-send-a-guest-a-special-offer

If the guest already has a confirmed booking with you, you can change the price by sending a Booking Change Request:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/50/i-m-a-host--how-do-i-make-a-change-to-a-confirmed-reservation...

Thank you Matthew....

It worked. Thank you so much !

Lill2
Level 2
Bishop, CA

Matthew maybe you can help me. I have problems where my "calendar rate" and the "payout nightly rate" are not the same. I understand the formula: nightly rate + cleaning - servicee fee = payout. I am specifically looking at the nightly rate as compared to my calendar. I set a custom rate on my calendar, and "save" it, and it all looks good to me. Then when a "request to book" comes in, the guest is given a lower nightly rental price and, not only that, it's a rate that I have never even used. I have rechecked my settings many times and they all look good. I have started an email conversation with the "contact us" people and so far nothing but the usual run around, no help there! I do have a base rate set lower than my 'custom pricing" rate which I set for certain times of the year when the demand soars. Any ideas?Thanks, Lill

@Lill2 first of all, I am assuming you have double-checked to make sure you do not have Smart Pricing on?

(Which would, of couse, be changing your prices.)

I looked at your Airbnb profile, and I don't see an attached listing. Is it under a different profile? I was hoping to look at it to see if there was anything obvious causing the problem you describe...

Charles153
Level 2
Picabo, ID

I have a question, please help. If I change my base price does it affect exisiting reservations. I changed my base price and I hope it doesn't request more money from reservations already confirmed. Thanks. Charles

@Charles153  Your bookings will stay at the price they booked for nothing will change on them. 

John6510
Level 2
Alfold, United Kingdom

I set my base price at one sum and check that my calendar price is the same and my smart pricing is off.

Three times over the last 6 years, I get a booking at £5 less, look at my calendar price and find that my calendar price has magically been reduced by £5 across all dates but my base price is as it should be and I definitely did not do it and nobody else has access to my account.

Dare I accuse airbnb of deliberately altering my calendar price to generate more bookings and thus more income for themselves.

Have others had this experience???

When I ring and complain, I just get told that I had made the change!!!