change reservation request

Craig2
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

change reservation request

We have our 6th guest who booked for 7 nights. Now She says she will not arrive the 1st night and then for two nights thereafter she will have her business partner staying with her and then would like us to cancel the next 4 nights as her Friends have booked hotels an hours drive away. We would like to suggest we meet in the middle and she pays for 4 nights, stays for two but no extra charge for her companion. Does this seem fair. We have strict booking terms. 50%0is payable if cancelled within 7 days. We would have also definitely lost out on other bookings as we have been almost booked out for a month. Any advice please. Just want to be fair.
1 Reply 1
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Craig2

Being a good host is = accommodating your guests requests...

You are just starting and could use some great reviews (which you already have 4)

I wouldn't mind complying with your guest request... I'm pretty relaxed about my rules and my rentals... Airbnb is here 365 days a year...

I just lost 7 days next week because a guest had a problem and needed to cancel.... I asked her to chose any other available date and I would move her reservation...

Most likely I will not be able to fill the 7 days she changed... But she is happy and most likely she will leave a nice review when she comes...

Ultimately the final decision is yours...

Luis