changing availability after a cancellation

Jessica633
Level 1
Tacoma, WA

changing availability after a cancellation

I need help! I'm so frustrated right now. I had a guest book right before I need to change the dates for my listing's availability. I messaged her right away and told her that two of the nights wouldn't work, but gave her alternate dates. She said it would work for her. I asked for her to cancel the reservation. She didn't because she didn't want a penalty (which I wasn't aware of). So, I tried changing the reservation, and that didn't seem to be working. Eventually I just cancelled the reservation, thinking that she could reschedule for the corect dates. Well, now my calnendar is blocked for those dates and I can't change them to available. Does anyone know some way around this? Even if she doesn't end up re-booking I'd like to have the option for another guest!

Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Oops @Jessica633 you fell into the trap, blocking the dates is part of the penalties imposed by airbnb on hosts when they cancel a booking. 

Ring customer service and explain whats happened, they might release the dates.

Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Jessica633

Generally speaking the first rule of Hosting is never cancel, but seems in this case the dates were available but you no longer want to host them.

Blocking the calendar for those dates is one of the penalties of cancelling.

David