changing my payment card when a reservation is pending on my old (lost) card

Benjamin245
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

changing my payment card when a reservation is pending on my old (lost) card

Hi, thanks for reading.  I lost my credit card and got a new one with a new number.  My old one has been cancelled, but there is a reservation that I have partially paid for on it pending.  I don't want to lose my reservation, but I can't figure out how to change the pending payment to go to my new card number.

Does anyone know how to do this??

Help!

21 Replies 21
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Benjamin245. If it's frozen in some way, the best would be to contact Airbnb Customer Service - use Twitter @AirbnbHelp or the form: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/. Or you will find a pinned post in the Help section how to do it: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728. I doubt you could handle it yourself.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Benjamin245,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your credit card. As Marzena has mentioned, have you been in touch with Airbnb about this? 

Would you be able to let us know the outcome of this as this could be helpful for other hosts experiencing the same issue? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Ida45
Level 2
Hacienda Heights, CA

I am having the same issue. Did anybody ever get a response from airbnb directly about this?

Graham132
Level 1
United Kingdom

Hi all, experiencing the same issue, does anyone have any advice? Thanks 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Graham132  You will get an email from AirBnB when the card is rejected asking for a new payment method to be used within 24 hours or the reservation will be cancelled. There is no way to change it until you get this email. Keep a close on your spam inbox as that is where a lot of the emails end up, especially on gmail and yahoo accounts. 

Hi, Im having the same issue. @Letti0 are you really sure about this?

@Luciana226  Yes I am sure. It happened to my daughter and this was how it was handled. She saw her message in her spam box and got it paid before the 24 hours. 

Hi I am just wondering if you received the email that @Letti0 was talking about. I payed the first part of my reservation but just lost my card today. By any chance did you receive the email asking for another payment method ? 

Hi  I just had my card comrpomised with a pending payment.  I went to the website listed in 1/18/18 post above.  It gave me the option of emailing or calling.  I called the number and had my method of payment changed in less than a minute.  It's frustrating that you can't find this info on the website though.

Greg1281
Level 1
Kempton Park, South Africa

Hi

My credit card was stolen

I went into my profile

Added new payment, new credit card

Made the new credit card default

THEN ..... Went into "my upcoming trips"

Went into outstanding payments

Changed the default from old/ stolen credit card to NEW credit card

(PS - there is also an option to "pay now" the outstanding amounts

Hope this helps

Thanks Greg.  It worked well for us too!

Chong12
Level 1
Singapore

Hello! My credit card was hacked, cancelled and replaced with a new card and number. The old credit card had 2 partially paid reservations pending. I managed to contact an Airbnb support personnel online and she managed to change the credit card number attached to the 2 reservations for me.

To reach that page, click 'Help' on the top right corner, scroll down to bottom, click 'Visit the Help Centre'. Scroll to bottom of Airbnb Help Page, there will be a question 'still need help?', click the green box next to it that says 'Contact Us'. Choose which trip that you are having problems with, and use the drop down box that says 'My host wasn't able to answer my question'. When asked what problem you have, choose 'reservation', then 'credit card', say that you have already contacted your bank, type in your question, and wait for a pop-up box with a support personnel to reply to your query. It was quick and painless. Hope this helps!

Tim663
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi. I can confirm this is correct. After explaining the situation on chat I was sent a link to add a new card. Then they added it to my incomplete reservation. Very quick and easy
Nana58
Level 1
Singapore

I also have lost my card which i have made reservation for my upcoming stay in 2 weeks. I've checked the policy for payments says that once made reservations, you can't make changes in the payment.. Does anyone here have answers to this. Please help..