cleaning fee

Andy32
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

cleaning fee

Hi,

I included a cleaning fee in my listing, but my first reservation lists $0 for cleaning fees.

What gives? Why is the fee excluded? This is the opposite of my listing.

Thanks.

Andy

9 Replies 9
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi Andy, 

I just looked at your listing and I can see your cleaning fee. Have you only just recently added the cleaning fee? If so, any pre-approvals or reservations confirmed prior to you adding the cleaning fee will not include these fees.

However, if you have always had cleaning fees as an additional fee on your listing then I would suggest you contact Airbnb and take it up with them to amend your payment.

Ama

Michael222
Level 1
Provincetown, MA

This just happened to me also....and I can't get airbnb via phone or email...did they resolve it for you?  NOT good customer service on their part and they are ususally so good. 

Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

Hi @Andy32,

Did you do a special offer for that booking?  If you did you need to include the cleaning cost yourself otherwise it's a $0 cost.

It's a little lesson we all learn at some point, something Airbnb could improve to help Hosts.

Cheers,

Paul

---

Hi @Paul0

Does this apply for schedule changes too? I had someone request a new arrival date. I made the date change and suddenly the cleaning fee was removed. Honestly, it feels like the person submitting is trying to con me out of that fee. But worse, why on earth would Airbnb have the cleaning fee disappear simply because I changed a date? 

Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

Hi @Eric73,

Ooohh Sorry to say, I'm not sure on that one! I haven't done a change of date for a little bit so not sure if the cleaning fee is dropped off (incorrectly) as there is an alteration to the booking.

I got burnt once (we all seem to eventually) with the Cleaning Fee dropping off. I learnt my lesson so any special offers or pricing changes I need to do I am really careful to triple check I'm not ripping myself off.

Cheers,

Paul

---

If someone provides a useful response send with a thumbs up!

Useful Links to Check Out:

Co-Organiser of Melbourne's Finest... Hosts too! 🙂

I have been caught out by this a few times. It is positively the most ridiculous system. Fancy removing the cleaning fee....

Michelle124
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Does anyone know how to add a cleaning fee for each week? At the mo' I have one cleaning fee charge for the entire month? thx, Michelle

I dont have a cleaning fee and when i check my aditional prices it says cleaning fee 5$ when i have it off. Does anybody knows why??
Patti9
Level 1
Ottawa, Canada

Hello

I am new to this site.  I have posted a $100 cleaning fee and just had our first guest check out Saturday.  I didn't receive the cleaning fee.

How does it work?

Are they not automatically charged the fee?

Do I need to do something to ensure the fee is paid?

Thanks

Patti