cleaning fees only for a long term rental as 1 week or more

Valerio107
Level 2
Venice, Italy

cleaning fees only for a long term rental as 1 week or more

Hi , not everyone likes cleaning costs if the holiday is 1 or 2 nights in Venezia (Italy) and they'll spend all days visiting the historical center.
what do you think about putting the cleaning costs only for the rent of apartments for more than 3 days or 1 week?

I think it's a good idea to increase bookings.
6 Replies 6
Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

Normally, cleaning fee is for the cleaner. If you are doing this on your own, you don't need to add this fee. There are many hosts, who use this fee to filter the one-night rentals.

Valerio107
Level 2
Venice, Italy

I think it might be nice if the developers of the airbnb site add this option to the site.

Stavroula3
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

You don't have to have a cleaning fee. You can incorporate it in your nightly rate.

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

Hi @Valerio107 ,

I don't charge a cleaning fee. BUT i do add the cost of the cleaning fee to the nightly booking. to make things fair for longer term guests I offer a 5 day/7 day discount.

this also makes it guests mor einclined to keep things neat and tidy when I ask - because "i dont'n charge a cleaning fee" Its psychological.

Just a thought

Cheers

Flavia195
Level 10
Grande Prairie, Canada

@Valerio107  ciao. Penso proprio il contrario. Una notte o due sporcheranno ugualmente sia la stanza che la biancheria da letto e bagno. Hai l'opzione di aumentare la tua diaria. Secondo me, la spese per le pulizie sono d'obbligo, è una questione di rispetto per il lavoro che svolgi, pulendo, lavando, stirando e preparando il posto per ricevere qualcuno. Venezia è una città costosa, chi va, va spendendo consapevole. Giusto? 

Ogni tanto io tolgo la mia "cleaning fee" ma non credo sia giusto.

Buona fortuna.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Valerio107 

it would be very helpful if Airbnb would call it differently because it is not only the cleaning time and cost that counts. It would be less confusion if it's called: short stay fee, or longer stay discount or turnover fee for example.

For an off-site host, every turnover is very time consuming and it cost us money. We have to go to the city around 11 when our guests check-out and then we clean for 1,5 - 5 hours and then we have to wait for our guests to check them in. Often there is no time to go home and back so we stay in the city, drink a coffee in a cafe and eat something in the restaurant and of course, it is not free. If our guests arrive late in the evening then we go home and back 2x in a day, often during the rush hour. Our entire day is occupied and fragmented + here is the additional fuel cost.  This is the reason why we accept only 2+ nights bookings (we have 2 apartments)

A cleaning fee also works as a discount for short stays between 2-7 nights.

Your prices are very low so maybe you could raise your nightly price and remove a cleaning fee if 1-night turnovers are not a problem for you.