cold floor

Josh1450
Level 2
Mascoutah, IL

cold floor

Hi,

I have luxury vinyl plank in my airbib (and I love it) but it is glued to a concrete slab, and it gets rather chilly in the winter.

Since I allow pets, I prefer not to have much in the way of floor coverings to make cleaning much easier.  (I did recently put an area rug in the living room, and the next dog in there peed on it!!)

Anyway, I'm debating having some cheap but nice guest slippers or socks available.  I would imagine that some people might be put off by wearing footwear that was worn by others, so maybe this is a bad idea, unless the footwear is disposable?  But then that could get expensive.  But the socks could be washed....??

The other option is to have some long, skinny rugs by the bed, but then that means more cleaning for me.

On the other hand, maybe I could use these only in the winter.

Would appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks.

Josh

2 Replies 2
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Josh1450 Your guests remark that your place is comfortable and cozy, with one of your most recent guests specifically mentioning how warm it was, so it doesn't seem to be a problem. I suppose you could leave a basket out with a collection of washable knitted slippers in it. Guests could take it or leave it as they choose. But you'd want to mention somewhere that they are washed after every stay.

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

We have a no shoes rule and leave slippers for our guests.  We buy the cheap hotel/spa type slippers in bulk from eBay that come individually wrapped - they cost about 60p each.  Oddly our summer guests use them more than our winter ones  - maybe 1 in 4 groups use them.