confused....Do I need to apply for $250 per cancellation refund?

Answered!
Masha1
Level 2
Stony Point, NY

confused....Do I need to apply for $250 per cancellation refund?

I had 7 cancellations so far in the approved time frame.  Do I have to apply in some way or is Airbnb just gonna figure it out and send me a deposit?

Thanks!

Masha

New York

1 Best Answer

@Masha1 Just start reading through the topic posts on those pages- you'll likely see one on the first page.

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What deposit @Masha1 

If guests cancel under the EC policy for the virus they get a full refund.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Masha1  What $250 per cancellation? I don't know where you came up with that notion.

Masha1
Level 2
Stony Point, NY

ummmmmmm......I got the notion from the email titled something like "An Important Message From the Founder to the Airbnb Community"    Gonna try to paste in the URL but I figure if you search on the site you'll find it.  https://www.airbnb.com/d/host-message

Masha1
Level 2
Stony Point, NY

Geez you guys....Maybe you should read your Airbnb emails.  I've copied the link to the message to hosts from Brian Chesky (sp?) Airbnb founder.   

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Masha1 I would suggest that you go back and read the Airbnb announcement. It's  25% of what you normally would have received for cancellations according to your cancellation policy. So if you were due to receive 50% of the total booking, you'll now get 25% of 50%= 12.5%. Nowhere does it say you'll receive $250 for each cancelled booking. It says they have a $250 million fund to pay hosts that piddling amount out of.

I can assure you that both @Helen3  and I read our Airbnb emails and are well aware of what the announcement says.

Masha1
Level 2
Stony Point, NY

Yikes....Well, I do tend to sort of black out around numbers, so I'm sure you're right.  That's a shame.  But at least I'll get something of the about $3K of business I lost

Masha1
Level 2
Stony Point, NY

But I still have the question of whether I have to apply for this in some way or just wait for them to review my cancellations and do the math

@Masha1  There are a whole lot of threads on this running right now. You might want to spend some time just looking at recent threads in the Hosting and Help and Covid sections of the forum. There's hundreds of hosts asking the same question, no need to start another thread. Everyone seems to be just as confused as you, because I don't think Airbnb has clarified the procedure at all.

Masha1
Level 2
Stony Point, NY

I tried various searches "refunds", "cancellation refunds" didn't find anything specific to this problem but I'll give it another try

@Masha1 Just start reading through the topic posts on those pages- you'll likely see one on the first page.