coronavirus

Answered!
Susie-and-Miles0
Level 2
Brinsmead, Australia

coronavirus

We haves guest coming from China? I am considering cancelling their booking out of concern for my family with regards to the Coronavirus. What would the ramifications be with my superhost rating?

Thanks in advance.

1 Best Answer
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Susie-and-Miles0 @Elly23 @Marina797 @Marie1341  there is another thread on this CC with more answers and suggestions so go and find it.

Airbnb recently decided to hide the city where Chinese guests come from but keep it visible for all other guests from all over the world. Obviously, ABB don't want their hosts to cancel guests from the infected area. But, you can take a reverse phone number search to see where your guests are from, it's here https://www.emobiletracker.com/free-trace-china.html

View Best Answer in original post

84 Replies 84
Jenny1141
Level 1
Taupo, NZ

I have been a bit concerned over the last few days as this intensifies. I have had guests from China but other areas, not Wuhan but who knows if it is not in other areas anyway. Reading what others have posted we are on our own. I guess I just make sure we sanitize everything super well. Good luck to you all

I have cancelled 4 reservation from China, but Airbnb insists not to waive the penalty, the case manager  by the name of Mark, told me that we have no proof that the guests are infected by the virus, this is very irresponsible reply...

Now several country have restrict tourists from Wuhan, all airports are in high alert, screening all tourist from China, but Airbnb just don’t care, they insist on penalty, very disappointed!!!!

I have text him the link of cnn news and channel news Asia, but no reply from him or anyone from the Airbnb support.

what are they doing ????

They just want to earned from us the penalty fee???? Just don’t care ????

??????????

Is there anyway I can appeal to higher authority in regards of the unexpected Coronavirus breakout ???

Marina797
Level 8
La Spezia, Italy

It is now possible to cancel all reservations of guests coming from China with no penalties 

Hi, but the case manager Mark reply me that the penalty will not be waive, what can I do now ? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Can you link to airbnb's policy on this @Marina797  as it will be useful for other hosts.

What do you mean by "link to airbnb's policy" ? 

@Marina797You wrote that it is now possible to cancel all guests coming from China without getting penalized. Where did you see that? Source? 

Marina797
Level 8
La Spezia, Italy

Ok, I talked to Airbnb customer support this morning about the problem and after about an hour I got a mail from them confirming that my reservations with Chinese guests up to February 8th would be cancelled with no penalty if I wanted to. I asked the customer support to proceed with the cancelation and they did. I don't know if this only applies to Italy... But as a matter of fact this morning I had 2 reservations cancelled with no issues. I've been told that the decision was taken today by Airbnb 

@Marina797 Thank you for the update 🙂

I got one chinese guest coming in a couple of weeks. I don't know where she is arriving from as the profile just says that she's from China. 

It makes me a little nervous - it seems to be spreading all over. 2 people are in isolation in Malmø (Sweden) which is a city connected to Copenhagen where I live :-(. 

Marina797
Level 8
La Spezia, Italy

The reservations were cancelled due to force majeur. 

After February 8th there will be updates on this policy so I guess we will just have to contact Airbnb customer support again to find out what to do. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

An update on the coronavirus and Airbnb's extenuating circumstances policy has just been shared in the Community Center's Help board, here is the direct link: Coronavirus outbreak: Information on Airbnb's extenuating circumstances policy coverage

I hope you find this update useful. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

A guest that checked in yesterday checked out today because next door there is a family from Asia (I cannot really tell if they are Chinese)

Robin114
Level 3
Lewisburg, WV

I actually rent a room in my own personal home. I am blocking everything  off. IT is not worth my personal health.