coronavirus

Answered!
Susie-and-Miles0
Level 2
Brinsmead, Australia

coronavirus

We haves guest coming from China? I am considering cancelling their booking out of concern for my family with regards to the Coronavirus. What would the ramifications be with my superhost rating?

Thanks in advance.

1 Best Answer
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Susie-and-Miles0 @Elly23 @Marina797 @Marie1341  there is another thread on this CC with more answers and suggestions so go and find it.

Airbnb recently decided to hide the city where Chinese guests come from but keep it visible for all other guests from all over the world. Obviously, ABB don't want their hosts to cancel guests from the infected area. But, you can take a reverse phone number search to see where your guests are from, it's here https://www.emobiletracker.com/free-trace-china.html

View Best Answer in original post

84 Replies 84

Im surprised your accusing Airbnb of policy problems and then accusing me of being racist. Im going to call Airbnb tom and have a chat with them about you

Im scared to go to sleep now bcos you are threatening me

@Bluedoodleol0 

Just saw this now Jen. Sometimes, things get a little out of hand on internet forums! Please don't take it to heart and don't be scared. Nobody is going to hurt you, I promise you that. I know you're not meaning to come across as racist, and I'm sure @Helen3 knows too. She's a good lady and I know she'll understand that you're just very, very stressed about the coronavirus, and that you're extremely worried about who will look after your little doggy if you get ill, just like any of us would be, and that emotions are running high because of that. 

Hope you managed to get some sleep, and you're feeling good today. Let me know if you need to chat. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks @Susan17  I think @Bluedoodleol0  was actually referring to @Sarah977  rather than me but your sentiment is correct.

No-one on this forum is out to get anyone.

But it is also not a place to indulge in anti-anyone sentiments including those from the US.

I hear you, @Helen3! i actually meant to tag you both, just because you'd both commented, not sure how I missed tagging @Sarah977 too ;))

Hey my buddy. I'm grand hows things with you? Thanks so much for sticking up for me on here. I do get myself into a bit of trouble fom time to time!!! I am really worried now but then I had to laugh a bit today. Firstly there was a Polish man selling a million % alcohol on the Keys in Dunnes water bottles there a few months ago to homeless. The guards stopped him but I thought perhaps if he took up business again you could lash a bit on your hands drink a bit and all worries gone!!!  No nees to pay tesco 21 euro for hand wash! If not go to hospital and no bother about a bed, a trolley will do as the Dr has the virus anyway and if your old you wont need a bed as youll prob croak bfore you get one. Failing that you can go up to Dub this wkend and despite us cancelling the rugby match all the fans are still coming over from Italy anyway and we can cram them all into a hotel no bother.!!

Just an observation on life at moment!! I wont ask on here but hope all went well with things we chatted about. Id love to catch up with you whenever your freexxxx 

Suzanne272
Level 2
Champéry, Switzerland

Where is Airbnb when you need them??

where is the financial support??

hosts are suffering with low bookings because of Coronavirus and guests want to pay less than half price taking advantage of hard working hosts. Shame on you. 

remove the host commission to help us cope financially   

AirBNB doesn't owe you or me or anyone else financial support - they're not a bank, they're a business.  What difference would an added 3% really make for you anyway?  

PaulaCristina0
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

Hi guys I just tweeted the Coronavirus epidemic and how Airbnb have been treating us...if u want please check my message on Twitter ...

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulaTa92927359/status/1238991831234469889

Es injusta la decision de castigar a los anfitriones por el coronavirus. Lo justo es compartir las perdidas con el huésped 50/50. Por que siempre airbnb castiga a los anfitriones

Airbnb existiría sin anfitriones?