coronavirus

Answered!
Susie-and-Miles0
Level 2
Brinsmead, Australia

coronavirus

We haves guest coming from China? I am considering cancelling their booking out of concern for my family with regards to the Coronavirus. What would the ramifications be with my superhost rating?

Thanks in advance.

1 Best Answer
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Susie-and-Miles0 @Elly23 @Marina797 @Marie1341  there is another thread on this CC with more answers and suggestions so go and find it.

Airbnb recently decided to hide the city where Chinese guests come from but keep it visible for all other guests from all over the world. Obviously, ABB don't want their hosts to cancel guests from the infected area. But, you can take a reverse phone number search to see where your guests are from, it's here https://www.emobiletracker.com/free-trace-china.html

View Best Answer in original post

84 Replies 84

Hello lovely Helen, I am delighted to see you tell Kevin that the virus will be less prev in summer. Im so looking forward to this and am so grateful for your sharing of wisdom.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you make remarks about someone based on where you presume they are from, that is being racist whether they are from the  US, Ireland, China, the Middle East or any other part of the world. @Bluedoodleol0 

I didn't say you made remarks about me. I said the remarks you made about @Danielle476  which I quoted above, when you wrongly assumed she was from the US were out of order. (She is actually Canadian),

cuireann tú náire orm gur Éire mé

YIKES.  I was away on vacation last week and am just seeing this now - I had no idea why @Bluedoodleol0 private messaged me a non-sensical paragraph long rant about my appearance, my qualifications to be a host and my personality.  Then he/she asked if they could stay in my home for two months...?  Thank you for defending me, @Helen3.

Please refrain from contacting me or other hosts again, BLUE.  You seem a tad unhinged.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Helen3  You missed quoting this one "I'd hate to stay at your property listening to you and looking at your pic".

@Bluedoodleol0  There is no way to read what you have said here "wrong". You have been attacking other posters, making racist and nasty comments, one after another. 

If you would like to be a participant in this forum, I suggest you step back and see how others post and respectfully agree to disagree. We don't insult each other just because we have a difference of opinion. The number of guests you have hosted and your star ratings are not license to be rude or make discriminatory comments.

Im so sorry you are misunderstanding me. Its just the Irish way. I suppose if your not able to be culturally diverse you better ban me

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It is definitely not the Irish way.

How dare you speak in our name to excuse your racist remarks. Stop trying to defend the indefensible.

What are my racist remarks??? I love your pic there on your profile. Where did you get your beed??

sorry your beeds they are lovely. Have you been living in the UK a long time?

ut I love the old gasses in your pic. I bet you were an auld model at one time before you went to UK??

Sorry the auld glasses

Ahh helen would you ever say goodnight and don't take things so seriously???

I would never attack posters I would help anyone I could and never mean to be rude I am heartbroken you would even think this

@Bluedoodleol0 "I would never attack posters".

But you did. Several times. 

Ahh go on I never did at all

Im off now to sleep as ive loads of new guests this week and need a rest in between. My guests know im not racist, Airbnb know im not racist so really that's all that matters isn't it. Good luck with all your guests and im heartbroken you would all think to say im racist.