customer service?

Lauren259
Level 2
Longmont, CO

customer service?

I had a guest reserve for 28 nights.  According to airbnb "long term" cancellation policies, that guest relinquished 100% when reservation was cancelled last minute.  I was able to get another booking, and when guest requested a refund for the nights that had been re-booked, I attempted to provide the 13 nights refund.  Got an "error" message from airbnb.  So I contacted them, and their CS person assisted and assured me that it had been taken care of.  Later, I got another reservation.  I attempted to refund the (original) guest for 5 more nights.  In doing so, however, I saw that airbnb had already refunded that guest 100% without my consent.  And here I am, complying with their rules and trying to do the "right thing" while still paying my bills.  I FINALLY get a response from airbnb (after numerous Twitter help communications) late on Friday afternoon saying, "I will look into this for you, but I have the next two days off."  Meanwhile, my account is showing a deficit of Almost $1100.  Any body have any tips on getting through to airbnb customer support?  Dealing with similar BS?  As soon as I get this sorted, I am SO leaving airbnb - no longer sticking up for the hosts.  They set the rules and then don't abide by them (must be a theme in our current world).  Thanks for lettinging me vent - any suggestions or similar complaints are welcome!

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lauren259 

Never leave such cases in the hands of Airbnb CS. Do the refund yourself and stay in control. If there is an error, contact Airbnb and let them correct the error ! The refund can wait until the error is resolved.

I wondered if Airbnb CS also refunded the Airbnb Service Fee, or are you the only one left with empty hands ?

Best regards,

Emiel

Thank you.  I did try to refund it myself, but I kept getting an error message on the airbnb site; as I was receiving threatening emails from airbnb ("you have X hours to respond . . . ") I contacted airbnb.  It looks like they then credited the guest AGAIN.  Likely not the service fee (is that ever credited to the guest?  I don't think so).  Thank you!!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lauren259 

Yes, the Airbnb Guest Service F2ee is sometimes refunded, fe when cancelled in the 48 hours grace period , also max. 3 times a year when cancelled under certain conditions (mentioned in the flexible and moderate cancellation policies).