customizing extra person charge

Janet20
Level 1
Kentfield, CA

customizing extra person charge

I will rent my guest house out for a certain fee for four people for one week. Airbnb will calculate the extra fee when more than four people stay for the full week.

What is the best way to handle when an extra guest stays, say, 3 of the 7 days of the main group?  Is it a problem if I agree in advance with the paying guest that we handle the extra guest on a cash basis, once they arrive? Thank you for any advice or past expereince dealing with this type of situation.

2 Replies 2
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I think the only way would be to issue a special offer.

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Janet20,

I think it would be best to charge for the 3 guests as you would normally and then make a request for additional money for the 4rth guest through the resolution center or better yet, charge for the four guests and reimburse for the third guest for the nights he/she will not be staying.  The reason I would not go the cash route is because that fourth guest would not be covered by Airbnb Guest protection.  Here is a Help Guide on using the Resolution Center: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/The-Resolution-Center-A-Community-Help-Guide-Request...

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host