damage

Answered!
Patty101
Level 2
Lakeland, FL

damage

hello

i have guest they do check out  yesterday monday april 30 and the clean company  go clean and inspect and i have check in the same day with other guest and my new guest report to me the toaster its no working and the stove!  what  i need to do?  ( i need to put a new one toaster and try to fix the stove) but i need to charge to the guest? im cover fot that ? with airbnb??

what i need to do? i dont want a bad review  with my guest im offer send free dinner for the family because i neee do to drive 2 hrs for go an put a new toaster!  and the stove .. they cant be fixed  (if in case they can be fixed because i dont know) but no in the same day 

thanks Patty

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you don't want to be on hand to manage issues at your listing, you need a local co-host who can manage these situations for you.

You need to check whether the toaster and cooker have been damaged by the previous tenant so you can make a claim before the next guest checks in. If in fact they damaged them.

You need to check the situation in terms of whether these items are damaged before offering any compensation.

Once you understand what caused the damage you can decide whether to ask the previous guest for compensation.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you don't want to be on hand to manage issues at your listing, you need a local co-host who can manage these situations for you.

You need to check whether the toaster and cooker have been damaged by the previous tenant so you can make a claim before the next guest checks in. If in fact they damaged them.

You need to check the situation in terms of whether these items are damaged before offering any compensation.

Once you understand what caused the damage you can decide whether to ask the previous guest for compensation.

Bruce192
Level 1
Honolulu, HI

Same thing happend to me the guest does damage now we want to get reimbused, of course they leave a crappy review, all 1 stars, this is so unfair to hosts, reviews should not be allowed for guests when it's determined they really did damage.

I agree. I had the same thing happen. Left my place a mess and stained a comforter with red juice. Black marked brand new carpets. Stained a couch. Left garbage everywhere. And because I contacted her and said she needed to pay extra for the extra cleaning my maid had to do. Gave me a bad review. Which in turn lowered my review status. Taking away my superhost status. Completely agree with you. These people come in there.. treat it like crap and then take no responsibility. When you confront them. They then give you a bad review. You can respond. But the damage is already done to the unit and your reputation.