delayed payment Host beware of lack of response and concern from Airbnb... They seem to be kiting

Tim30
Level 2
Lucas, TX

delayed payment Host beware of lack of response and concern from Airbnb... They seem to be kiting

I am having a problem getting answers from Airbnb.  They were supposed to payout yesterday.  They said funds were released yet payoneer has received nothing.  I have emailed, called, tweeted, everthing I can and the only answer I get is that they have escalated the issue and will email me.   No explanation and no time frame other than it may take a week for them to get back to me.   Is any one else being treated this way by airbnb.  I have had good success this pass year with airbnb yet this experience makes me want to hang it up.   I don't like the non answers and the payment totally in their control.  The guests have paid for a month.  Now not sure what to do as I don't think its right for Airbnb to expect me to host a group for a month without pay.   I would appreciate some feed back.  

Tim

12 Replies 12
Ashlee2
Level 1
Spanish Fork, UT

I'm having the same problem but can't seem to find any contact info. I'm new to airbnb though so I'm still learning. Can you respond with the phone and email or tell me where to find it? 

Try +1-415-800-5959  or +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

response@airbnb.com

How quickly do the payments normally arrive in your account? I'm not familiar with Payoneer, but I know it takes two to three days for payments to show up in our bank account after AirBnB has advised they've released it. 

Thank you for responding.  It's always within 24 hours of host arrival for payout to payoneer.  My issue is that Airbnb stated it was released on Monday yet it wasn't.  They again stated it was released on Tuesday but payoneer stated they haven't received it.   Airbnb won't answer simple questions regarding what's causing delay or why they stated it was released  when it wasn't.   Now they are telling me it might be a week before they respond to me.   Somethings not right. 

A host on another message board says these are the reasons that made him switch to VRBO as his primary hosting company.

Sounds like good advice. I have only had a problem recently, but even not getting paid for one guest -- when airbnb has taken their money! -- is once too often! The fact that they offer no remedy and no one to contact when things don't work is unforgivable. 

Do they really think a community blog is a replacement for customer service?

Jon16
Level 3
Victoria, Australia

Airbnb are dreadful - I recommend you come join me and now 200 other hosts that are attending the open - to crash it and force a proper response - I had a payment due delayed - beyond the agreed 72 hours - by 1034 hours - I asked - without revealing the length of delay that compensation should be $1 per hour of delay - after all Airbnb LOVES fining - so $1035 compensation for breaching your own rules seems OK to me ? 

Ha ha no they got shirty and wusses out - bloody hopeless - if fact the issue is - if you have a problem with a guest - suck it up - if a guest complains ( that you treated them with disdain - by my comments you can imagine I did !! ) but met every actual requirement - Airbnb sided - or delayed my due payment - what are the names of the founders ? Lenin and Stalin? 

Weak business leaders - they are not looking after their customers - us the hosts.

jon 

Hell-o,

Is there somewhere officially to complain about this? Online official place? The problem is, I am hooked up with 2 other sites to get bookings and I have not gotten any. It seems that AIRBNB does well, so why the delays? Either they are using the interest or they are under staffed? Which one is it? The company is run by Russians or Chekoslavakian I think. The phone number to reach them is listed on the search engine for the site itself, but not on the website.

Erin87
Level 1
San Diego, CA

i HAVE ALSO NOT BEEN PAID TWICE NOW OVER 14 DAYS AND NO PAYMENTS. WTF AIRBNB

Woutrine0
Level 1
Centurion, South Africa

I live in South Africa and it is very difficult to communicate directly with Airbnb. On the 25th of February I was told that I will receive payment on the 3rd of March. However nothing so far (11 March) has been paid in to my account. I am not sure how to handle the situation. Would appreciate suggestions from other South African hosts.

Woutrine Foord

Lucy143
Level 1
Kapolei, HI

HI...I have had 3 guests come and go this month so far with no payouts. I have called AIRBNB 2X on the website phone number and they said it was the banks fault. It was being transferred to my bank account. I am getting worried they are having financial problems because this did not happen to my friend 3 months ago. She had no problems. Has anyone checked if they are having money problems. They said someone would call me back and nobody did call me back. I am also worried.