directed share program

Ingrid38
Level 2
Clifton, NJ

directed share program

does anyone have any info if the airbnb ipo is including a directed share program for hosts?

115 Replies 115
Ingrid38
Level 2
Clifton, NJ

@Lizzie @Joseph1333 @Quincy  I have called support, taken out several support tickets, and written here and all give just give me the link with the requirement specifications. I should have been deemed eligible. I am a US citizen, residing in US. My govt. id in my profile was of my other residency of which I no longer reside and I never updated my profile. I have since. I've been asking that my qualifications be re evaluated.

@Brian 

Joseph1333
Level 2
Oregon, United States

Directed Share Program-IPO

My opinion on the direct share program- IPO-

just want to put his out there to make everyone think who has not been able to get registered for this:

First i am a very qualified host, many reservations, long time member, and United States Citizen. 

it is my personal opinion that Air bnb is hiding the correct link here in order to hold off on the sharing of the IPO for their own benefits.  I believe they call this insider training. 

I have seen many posts in the help threads as to links not working etc..  but we really know this is simply a big tech manipulating the small users and suppressing them once again. (why else wouldn't the links work or customer support be able to give you the correct link) 

For those of you looking for the link here is it: https://www.airbnb.com/d/airbnbs-directed-share-program-pre-registration 

But don't worry the link will not work because that's the way they designed it and customer support wont be able to assist you. Typical right?

make sure you put up a stink about it and file a report with the FTC and SEC 

ftc link: FTC LINK

SEC Link: SEC LINK

For all those who were left out of directed share program ( those who qualified and didn’t qualify) and  want to participate pre ipo on their own. 

https://airbnbase.com/ipo/

@Joseph1333 @Francis1870 

Dane130
Level 2
Newport Beach, CA

what/when is the next step to purchase airbnb shares as an eligible host that received the email and filled out the form? Thank you in advance.

Dane

Scott336
Level 3
Austin, TX

Airbnb & Morgan Stanley sent the pertinent emails today to host that qualify and applied using the form...that worked fine.  I got the emails about an hour ago that have some details on the offer, a prospectus, next steps, etc.  No strange "big tech manipulation" here.  Hilarious. Perhaps just in Oregon, Joe.

Scott @ Sou4thATX

That hasn't been my experience, Scott. Did you receive your W-9 from DocuSign? I completed all steps, but it never came through, even after I clicked to have it resent. I've been on hold with Morgan Stanley for hours and no one seems to be answering the MS Airbnb Directed Shares customer service dept. 

So, I would advise follwing these steps if you haven't already.

-Go through Step 6 in the DSP process when you click the link in the email to set up your MS account. Leave that window open. 

-Then go to Morgan Stanley's website and log in.  It will likely as you to authenticate your device (laptop, tablet, phone). Then add your phone numbers to your profile.  This is important...my opinion.

Now go back to the DSP site and resend the text to request the W-9 via Doscusign.  Sometimes websites/domains like to be secure and protective.  <-- I'm being a little facecious, but a little serious.  But I dont think it's a conspiracy.  It's technology and it is never perfect. 

Before I got to step, but after the MS account was created, I logged into the MS website and did the above.  I received the text and the email within 5 seconds of hitting "resend" the first time.

Good Luck!

Scott @ Sou4thATX

I tried your method, to no avail.

But I did get an email confirming my Morgan Stanley account for the Airbnb Directed Share Program was created.

Just no tax form and no text with a passcode.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Update:  I woke up to the text and email and was able to fill out the tax form. All set. 👍🏽

Can you share the contact info for the Airbnb Directed Shares Customer Service line?

I didn't receive the W-9 from Docusign, I tried several times the resend. but I did go ahead and continue till the end and complete opening Morgan Stanley account.  Today I received the W-9 from Docusign and the texted pin,

Kate447
Level 2
San Diego, CA

What in the world is going on?! I am a well qualified host, who signed up promptly for the pre-registration, filled out all of the forms when I received the email today. Was told DocuSign would be emailing me W-9. Nothing was received. I asked for it to be resent. Nothing arrived. I have been on hold with Morgan Stanley for hours, and no one is answering the Directed Shares phone number. You cannot send a help ticket for anything but a name change through the online format. Now, when I log back into the MS Airbnb directed shares site, the screen is blank and shows none of the steps I had completed. Extremely disappointing and makes me wonder if this offering is being made in good faith. Airbnb - Please reach out to hosts directly who need assistance or have Morgan Stanley do so prior to expiration of the offering. 

strange i got an email from Airbnb but nothing from Morgan Stanley

Hi,

Thanks for pre-registering for Airbnb’s Directed Share Program. Later today you’ll receive an email from Morgan Stanley, the broker-dealer that is administering our Directed Share Program. Morgan Stanley will contact you from morganstanleydsp@morganstanley.com, using the email you included in the pre-registration form. (Please do not reply or send messages to this email address.)

In the email, Morgan Stanley will provide an overview and timeline of the registration process as well as a link to a Morgan Stanley secure web portal, where you need to open a special brokerage account and complete registration should you wish to participate.

As a reminder, program capacity is limited and participation will be on a first-come, first-served basis, so please look out for Morgan Stanley’s email if you’re interested. Finally, there is significant interest in the program, so please only proceed with registering if you are planning to participate. If you have questions about the registration process, you can find Morgan Stanley’s frequently asked questions here

The Airbnb Team

Important Legal Information About the Directed Share Program

The offering is being made only by means of a prospectus. Copies of the final prospectus, when available, may be obtained from: Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, Attention: Prospectus Department, 180 Varick Street, 2nd Floor, New York, New York 10014 or Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, Attention: Prospectus Department, 200 West Street, New York, New York 10282. You may also access the preliminary prospectus via the following link:

A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission but has not yet become effective. These securities may not be sold nor may offers to buy be accepted prior to the time the registration statement becomes effective. This notification shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy these securities, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction.

No offer to buy the securities can be accepted and no part of the purchase price can be received until the registration statement has become effective, and any such offer may be withdrawn or revoked, without obligation or commitment of any kind, at any time prior to the notice of its acceptance given after the effective date. An indication of interest in response to this notification will involve no obligation or commitment of any kind.

Help. Are we too late to join the shares purchases?

Have all the emails gone out? Just wondering if I should still be hoping, or If I didn't start hosting early enough