directed share program

Ingrid38
Level 2
Clifton, NJ

directed share program

does anyone have any info if the airbnb ipo is including a directed share program for hosts?

115 Replies 115
Katherine658
Level 2
Chicago, IL

I am, in the same boat as most others. I cant believe I got left out of IPO. That sucks... I been a super host for 2 years and had no idea I could get in on this. I never got an E-Mail...

I don't know the statistics but I think 80% of us are superhosts 🙂 better knock on wood...out of 650,000 hosts there's no way they could keep us all happy...if your on the stock market and trading yourself you may get a chance if your watching when the market falls to get in!

Superhost vs. Standard Host was not a criteria.  Just tenure of hosting as first cut, then first-come, frist-serve until program was at capacity.

Bummed that we can’t process any transactions via MS app/website. To sell, we’d have to call MS. Was going to take in profits, but missed it. 

John5121
Level 2
Lilburn, GA

I am really disappointed in how AirBnB handled this.   They sent ONE obscure email on Nov. 16 stating that we'd have to register by Nov. 20 and that obscure e-mail was not titled BUY AIRBNB STOCK, it was titled AirBnB Direct Share Program.  I never noticed the ONE e-mail.

That is really messed up AirBnB!!!!

Kelly568
Level 10
West Jefferson, NC

I spoke to the MS folks and apparently only 10,000 US hosts got in

So very messed up.

@Kelly568  I beleive it ended up being closer to 19,000 hosts.  A lot of folks still got left out.  I feel very fortunate to have gotten selected and through the DSP process. 

Scott @ Sou4thATX

Im left out too😔😔

I was supposed to get shares and I set up the account with Morgan Stanley. I did everything I was supposed to and the MS rep said to look out for an email on the 9th. I never received an email and never got my allotted shares. My MS rep has no addition info and only tells me someone from the Direct Shared Program will contact me. It's been almost a week.  Does anyone know how I can get in touch with them to get my IPO shares? 

Thanks,

Aundre

Yes I actually got to fill the form out but no one ever responded back. Now it’s frustrating because I missed out on getting in early.