directed share program

Ingrid38
Level 2
Clifton, NJ

directed share program

does anyone have any info if the airbnb ipo is including a directed share program for hosts?

115 Replies 115
Trevor26
Level 7
Big Bend National Park, TX

@L-J-0 . I know the feeling and share your sentiments. I haven't heard back yet either. 

Thanks @Quincy .  I submitted within minutes of receiving the email but was told there were too many people and I would not be asked to participate. It is too bad, I guess the option went to the bigger hosts and not those of us with just one or two listings.

Scott336
Level 3
Austin, TX

I was able to complete the relatively short form within a few minutes of receiving the email yesterday (Nov 16th @ 6:15pm, GMT -6, Central Time USA).

Seems like the response may be more than their servers anticipated.  Good luck everyone!

Scott @ Sou4thATX
Thatcher1
Level 2
Los Cerritos, Mexico

This form will not load if you’re ineligible for the Directed Share Program. To be eligible, you must;

1. be a U.S. resident who has, as of November 1, 2020,
  2. accepted a reservation that began or was scheduled to begin in 2019 or 2020.
  3. If you did not receive an email on Monday November 16, you are not eligible to participate.

If you believe you’re an eligible host and the form is not loading, make sure you’re logged into the account that received the email or notification. You can also reach our customer support team here.

(BUT The help desk has no knowledge of this and can't help you even if you qualify.)

My case was filed November 17 2020 when the form was emailed to me, but its still "in process"  when is the deadline to fill out this form and express an interest?  I certainly have been trying to express an interest since I received the email but with no luck so far.  Can you help?  Thank you!

Allen107
Level 5
Brownsville, OR

Hello all interested U.S.-based Airbnb hosts who've received the email invitation. I previously replied to Thatcher1 via separate discussion board (cf. Airbnb Directed Shares Program). Here's the link again below:

VBR, Allen107 in Brownsville, OR

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines

Ingrid38_0-1605647063623.jpeg

It’s a spam. Not legitimate company address 

@Allen107  can you share the ipo link with me? they hid it on here.

Jim95
Level 2
Palm Springs, CA

I have just received a reply from one of my messages to support, that gave me the proper link. And I have now filled out the (very short) form.  Thanks.  (Be sure you are logged into your account before you use their link.)

Francisca16
Level 5
New York, NY

I received the invitation yesterday 11/16/20. And I filled the form out today. It is a relatively short form.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

My name is Lizzie and I am a Community Manager here in the Community Center. Lovely to meet you.

Just to confirm, hopefully the below will help.

The form will not load if you’re ineligible for the Directed Share Program. To be eligible, you must be a U.S. resident who has, as of November 1, 2020, accepted a reservation that began or was scheduled to begin in 2019 or 2020. If you did not receive an email on Monday November 16, you are not eligible to participate. If you believe you’re an eligible host and the form is not loading, make sure you’re logged into the account that received the email or notification.

Here's some important information we need to share with you:
The offering is being made only by means of a prospectus. Copies of the final prospectus, when available, may be obtained from: Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, Attention: Prospectus Department, 180 Varick Street, 2nd Floor, New York, New York 10014 or Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, Attention: Prospectus Department, 200 West Street, New York, New York 10282.

A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission but has not yet become effective. These securities may not be sold nor may offers to buy be accepted prior to the time the registration statement becomes effective. This notification shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy these securities, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction.

No offer to buy the securities can be accepted and no part of the purchase price can be received until the registration statement has become effective, and any such offer may be withdrawn or revoked, without obligation or commitment of any kind, at any time prior to the notice of its acceptance given after the effective date. An indication of interest in response to this notification will involve no obligation or commitment of any kind.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hello,

I received the email.

I am eligible for the program.

However, I cannot get the form to load.

I tried to load it in several browsers, in the app, on my tablet, using my ISP, using a VPN, nothing seems to work.

I contacted customer service on November 17 2020 right after receiving a faulty email from airbnb and have an open customer service request. that only received an answer today but the form still does not work.

Can you please help before the deadline.  

Thank you!

@Lizzie @Quincy  I AM BOTH A QUALIFIED HOST AND US CITIZEN - CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE THE CORREC TLINK FOR THE IPO REGISTRY?  

Hi @Lizzie ,

I received an email regarding the program on nov 16th, and clicked through the link. I logged in, and it continually took be to a community page. I tried the 17th and the 20th. Customer service was unaware of how to help and as a qualified, loyal host of several years on this platform I was disappointed that like the Open Homes Program, I could not find responsive customer service as a host. 

coming to this community page, i now realize many faced an issue that if not technical seemingly was not operationally possible for all who qualified and were solicited to participate. I would appreciate follow up to my personal inquiry as many of us who have been with the platform for years would like to share in this momentous opportunity for our beloved AirBnB community of hosts. 

Happy to walk you through each outreach and each inquiry that failed to be addressed as the deadline approached and passed. Thanks for your attention to this matter and happy holidays.

-Desiree

4803B4EC-A0FF-4B1A-94EE-F7A6CEBB80F1.png

-Desiree