dishonest hosts who advertise wifi that is unusable

Julian1134
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

dishonest hosts who advertise wifi that is unusable

i need wifi for my job. i need wifi to stream content. I NEED WIFI!.

whenever i stay in airbnb places that advertise wifi, the wifi is unusable. airbnb's response? "move to another place". 

hosts are contractually obliged (according to what airbnb have told me) to ensure that if they advertise wifi then it must work uninterrupted. i just stayed in a place that had the worst wifi i've ever encountered. it was unusable. the last place i stayed in was also advertising wifi which again was unusable. 

i've already told airbnb to get hosts to run a speed test on their wifi, screenshot the result and then post the screenshot on their listing. this allows guests to make an informed decision as to whether the wifi is going to be suitable for their needs. the last host i complained about said, "this is a holiday house and you shouldn't be working". yes really. 

it's like arriving at a listing to discover the bed has no mattress. 

**[Inappropriate content removed - Community Center Guidelines]

97 Replies 97

@Sarah977 

I think that's all a guest needs. Transparency in the amenity. If you were to 'need' more, then the solution would be to have a local residence or 'mate'  offer a facility. Before we installed our connection, I needed to use a friends. An 8 hour file transfer here,  would only take 10 minutes there, so solutions can be found.

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  Yes, in fact my next door neighbor uses a different network provider than I do. If my cell signal is weak or non-functional (which doesn't happen too often)  I'll ask if I can hook up to his for awhile, and vice versa.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Please can I ask that we keep this conversation constructive going forward? It would be a shame having to close down this topic. 

Thanks,

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Julian1134
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

@Quincy @Anonymous 

hi Quincy. I agree. unfortunately it seems that I have not been popular for expressing my experiences. @Anonymous  just called me an 'absolute douchebag' (a device for washing out body cavities). he also made assumptions about my sexual orientation which were unwarranted.

Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your participation.

After reading this thread, I know several discussions are going on here and that there are a lot of different opinions. However, I have noticed that some comments on this discussion have become rather personal and does not benefit the community nor is it in line with our guidelines.

Based on the above, I will now close this topic.

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen