does a guest who never show up have the right to leave a review? which is the airbnb policy for this

Vici0
Level 2
Athens, Greece

does a guest who never show up have the right to leave a review? which is the airbnb policy for this

I have been a superhost since years and my guests have honoured me with dozens of enthusiastically positive reviews describing their stay in detail along with my home and my guest-home.  Last summer the guest never actually showed up, instead another group of people appeared and this was an unpleasant first for me. The guest who never showed up left a review which contains unbelievable untruths!!  I don't understand how he has the right to review this home.  What is the airbnb policy for a case like this? ok I replied to his review BUT the false review of his appears on my account and I do not like this at all.  How airbnb can protect me?  Is there a policy of deleting reviews signed by guests who never showed up? thus never have been hosted?  I need a reply. thank you

2 Replies 2
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

I assume you are referencing the review from August last year? Unfortunately you did what most professional hosts suggest you avoid. You highlighted the review by responding at length. If you had of left the review alone would have been better. That said, 'technically' the reviewer needs to have stayed to make a review and this booking could be considered a third party booking (unless the wife was also on the account or you agreed with him not turning up). You may try to contact Airbnb through Twitter with your claim but I am guessing they wont do anything about it considering the age of this review and your response, Good luck

Thank you, your reply is very helpful, at least now I know what to avoid to do in the future. (Yes his wife was mentioned in our correspondence but not her friend, who by the way was the one of the group that was "in urgent need" of cats!) have a good day