does reserving negate other preapprovals for same dates

Delia8
Level 1
Ottawa, Canada

does reserving negate other preapprovals for same dates

If a guest sends an inquiry and I preapprove, I believe the guest has 24 hrs to accept the preapproval. However if the guest has sent several inquiries for the same dates and received several preapprovals, then actually reserves with a different host, is my preapproval automatically canceled so that I can accept other requests for those dates? If not why not? thanks.

1 Reply 1
Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

Hi @Delia8,

Ref: What is a pre-approval?

Your pre-approval is simply you accepting the booking variables of an enquiry. This allows the potential booking to automatically finalise to a Reservation should the potential Guest complete the necessary steps.

Your pre-approval does not expire at any time, even if the potential Guest books elsewhere. It's good practice as a Host to follow up on the enquiry if you suspect they've gone elsewhere... then you can cancel it off.  

A pre-approval does not block out your Calendar so there is no negative impact on other potential enquiries. There have been times where I've informed Guests that I have multiple enquiries and pre-approvals for the same dates and it's a first in, best dressed policy.

I'd suggest it'd be reasonable for Airbnb to cancel any pre-approvals a week after the enquiry has gone quiet. Probably not high on the priority list for Airbnb.

Cheers,

Paul