earnings summary

Kat137
Level 1
Denver, CO

earnings summary

when do we receive 2018 earnings summary?

is there a way to access 2016 earning summary? 

18 Replies 18
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Kat137 ,

The earnings can be seen in the Transaction history pages, and you can choose yourself for which period.

They can also be downloaded as a CSV file, to import into a spreadsheet.

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Hello Emiel - does this mean they don't mail an earnings summary?  Is downloading the transactions the only way to get the summary?  Do they provide a link to get the earnings summary for 2018?  If so, when?

You won't receive one unless you earned more than $20K AND did more than 200 transactions, per IRS rules.  If you received less than this, you'll need to do it manually.

As @Emiel1 posted, your earnings summary is accessed in your transaction history.  However, I believe there may be something additional from Air BNB if your earnings exceed $20,000.  Check the Help Center for articles regarding the amount.

James165
Level 10
Atlanta, GA

Really odd that they wait so long to change the earnings year summary. I see last year in late January people asking why they are seeing 2016 instead of 2017, so I assume eventually they'll change 2017 to 2018. But wondering why that doesn't happen first of January.

Also, it took me forever to find the transaction history! It is certainly not in an intuitive location. 

In general, Airbnb makes it very hard to know what to report in taxes. In South Carolina, you have to back calculate the percent to figure out what they pay the state and what you owe. And they also do it in a lump sum, so no way to prove to the state (or county) that they were paid on your behalf.

I agree, the "button" or flow to the Earnings Summary could be more explicit. I am also waiting for the 2018 to appear. It is only giving me 2017 even though I changed the dates. Is it the end of January? I will note the date I can access it this time around. A message from Airbnb would be helpful. Also, I accessed Turbo Tax phone help, as well as H&R block software help  and got mixed messages about how to report it. It was much more favorable to list as a rental  (I declared all income both ways, just different rules) vs a business last year, but the tax structure is changing this year. What fun!..... no, not really. 

Leen0
Level 2
Bergenfield, NJ

Hello Airbnb!

It should not be this hard for you to post 2016, 2017, 2018...

VRBO allows us to pull the most minute Excel reports with about 100 columns, yet you’re supposedly the bigger and better company?

Come on, it’s 1/26/19 already, and we are trying to fulfill our obligations here!

Shannon187
Level 2
Oakland, CA

I just left a message with Airbnb, I think their calcs are off on earnings summary, it doesn’t match my transaction history. It seems they aren’t including cleaning fees in gross earnings. Do they not include those? Gross is off anyway but way off without those. Anyone else compare the two and see discrepancies?

his Hi Shannon, did you get an answer? This is from their website, which seems contradictory to me.

For each reservation, the gross amount is the price agreed upon before Airbnb service fees and any taxes being collected on your behalf. Gross Earnings displays the total amount you've earned, which includes the 3% host fees.

The first sentence tells me, it is the actual payout amount.  Which would include cleaning.  The second sentence tells me that it also includes the 3% service fee, so the payout is actually 97% of this amount.

Any insight?

Yes!  I'm experiencing this very thing.  My cleaning fees are not included in my gross earnings in the downloaded file.  Any further insights?

Ryan63
Level 9
Packwood, WA

My gross earnings on the 1099-K does not match either the earnings statement nor the transaction history.  It's hard to know what's included and what's not.  I emailed their support team and got a cut and paste response that does not answer the question.

There is no place that I can find in the Transactions Summary page to get anything but a spreadsheet. No link to the Earnings Summary. It's now February, and I earned more than $20,000. I finally found it by going through a maze in the Help menu, but still don't know how to directly link to it from my account. Here are the steps for anyone else who can't find it:

1. Click on Progress at the top left of the Home page
  2. Just beneath that, click on Earnings at top left
  3. At the bottom, click on View Tax Information, which will bring you to a Help page.
  4. Click on the question at bottom: What expenses are deductible from my AirBNB income?
  5. Click on the question at bottom: Where do I find my AirBNB earnings for tax purposes?
  6. In the paragraph under 2018 earnings summary (US only), click on the link for Earnings Summary.

I also can't figure out what AirBNB is actually telling me. They have different names for the same things: AirBNB Service Fees are also referred to as Host Fee (host being AirBNB, which matches the Transaction History spreadsheet). 

Since August, AirBNB has not deducted the co-host fee, I've had to pay it myself. So that really gums up the works of what money is included in the Gross Income! Eeeeek! I spent hours on making a very detailed spreadsheet with different totals including and excluding all the different fees (AirBNB Fee of 3%, Co-Host Fee of 10% before August, local taxes which I paid until April and now AirBNB pays to my city, State taxes, Cleaning Fee), and NONE of my totals match AirBNB's totals. Where is that "Philadelphia lawyer"? I think it's even too difficult for him to figure out!

Dawn102
Level 1
Austin, TX

I keep a running spreadsheet of my bookings and payouts. When I download airbnb's excel info for 2018, I get the exact same data, but the total is off mine by $500. The entries are the same, the payouts the same, but Excel sums them differently. I've double-checked the info, and again, and cut-and-pasted onto another sheet and recalculated, but I get the same results each time. Anyone experience anything similar?

Ana-and-David0
Level 7
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Did any of you got this solved? None of my reports from  Airbnb or bank deposits match the 1099 they sent me.