error message 500?

Rebecca50
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

error message 500?

Hi!

I'm a Superhost, and for the past few days I've been trying to update my profile so that I can list myself for the new Host Services function, but it's a seemingly impossible task...

Every time I hit Save, I'm taken to another page that asks me to enter my Facebook password, which I do (and it is most definitely the correct password), and then every time I'm taken to the same error page: Error Code 500. The page assures me that the problem will be resolved shortly, but we're going on 3 days here, so maybe they're not aware of the problem?

Just wondering if I'm the only one having this issue...

Thanks!
Rebecca

20 Replies 20
Rebecca50
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

OK, so no one seems to have an answer for this, and it's now been almost a week. Still getting the same error message... Is there a number I can call to get some actual assistance for the site?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rebecca50,

Lovely to meet you. It doesn't appear like many others are experiencing this issue, that might be why you haven't received a response.

Have you tried clearing your cache and browser history, perhaps also trying a different browser might help as well. If you still have no luck with this and as it has been a number of days now, I would contact the Support Team directly. There is lots of information on this here in the Community Center. If you simply type in 'Contact' into the search bar (found on most pages here) you will see many details: 

Search Contact

In addition to this, you can also take a look at the Community Guides (created by hosts here in the CC), one guide includes an outline on the different ways to reach support.

Do let me know if the earlier suggestion help and how you get on. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks, Lizzie! I actually went to a meet-up last night and managed to get ahold of someone who was able to fix the problem. I'm officially listed!

How did you fix it?

I am having the same problem. Can you kindly write me down how did you fix it ?

Melissa380
Level 1
North Holland, Netherlands

Actualy i'm having that problem too.

I want to make my reservation complete and pay by visa, every time i try tot do that the error 500 apears. i'm afraid i'm losing my resevation now. Please help me

Im experiencing this issue aswell

Hi Rebecca, I find on google your question, because I have, now, the same problem. How do you solve it?

tks for your answere!

Diana

Rebecca, The problem went away by itself , I don't know what fixed it. Just wait a few days and hope and pray!  I did call Airbnb but they had no answers for me. Definitely try quitting all your programs and re starting your computer.  Good luck.  Jim

I am attempting to book a home that I have been pre-approved for.  When I select the book button, I also get the Error 500 message.  The host has emeiled me that he is also having difficulty viewing his calendar.  This is my very first booking, and I am very confused.  I'm hoping I don't lose my booking!

Jim157
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Rebecca,

I have been trying to review my last guests but I can't because I get error code 500.

Also I got a message from Airbnb saying my guests had cancelled when they had already stayed.

These were the only guests that had glitches , could it be a problem from the guest computer etc?  Jim

I think I ended up updating my O/S on my old mac. Now things work better but unfortunately Airbnb have changed the website and now I can't work out how to access my reviews. Can't find a review heading yet.

Alex-and-Family0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

It is happing to me at the moment , I fixed it temporaly by using my PERSNAL HOTSPOT from my mobile phone as it look like my IP had been block form Airbnb:( 

I will contact them shortly 

Bonjour, je souhaite modifier mon calendrier mais je ne peux y parvenir, car à chaque fois le message error 500 s'affiche.

Comment puis-je régler le problème, car pendant ce temps là je ne peux gerer mes réservations ... ??

Merci pour vos reponses !

Estelle