exporting reviews to excell or pdf

Mark291
Level 1
Breckenridge, CO

exporting reviews to excell or pdf

Is there a way I can export all of the reviews for a property listing to an excell or other type of document. I'd like a comprehensive list of all of the reviews, with guests' name, to review other than from the wesbite.

Is there any other way to see them?

-Alex

11 Replies 11
Robert78
Level 10
Suzhou, China

@Mark291 Not that I'm aware of, but it's a cool idea. I think you'll find that the review data is proprietary to Airbnb.

You could screenshoot the data. Depends on what your intended purpose for said data is being used for. Copyright may apply. Not to mention potential trademark violations. Facebook is your best bet: you can link your listing via that site, and your reviews are viewable through the URL.

I'm not IT savvy. Maybe others have an opinion which contradicts mine, or they have a work-around. 😉

Marisol66
Level 1
Miami Beach, FL

is there a way i can export all the data to excel? like income, the name of the guest etc?

Christophe327
Level 1
Menlo Park, CA

I'm pausing my AirBnb listing and wanted to create a guestbook as a souvenir. I built a Python script that creates an HTML page out of the public reviews.

You can get this script for GitHub, I hope this is useful. 

https://github.com/cbriguet/guestbook/blob/master/README.md

Devin36
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Slightly off topic from the original question, but still related:

Does anyone know for certain who technically "owns" review content on Airbnb?

Does the platform (Airbnb) own the content or does the listing owner "own" it?

I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere and it's highly relevant when deciding whether to list a new property with Airbnb or go it alone/Lodgify.

Michelle2137
Level 4
New South Wales, Australia

im sure airbnb would say they own it, but technically it could definitely be disputed in a court. I've seen quite a few of these scenarios in my lifetime. as you know tech companies think they don't really have any rules to live by

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Mark291

Have you tried cut and paste ...

Zeynep20
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

I found how to do convert CSV to Excel columns. Yay!

1. Click on Download the listing as CSV
  2. Save as ...
  3. Open a blank excel sheet. On the upper bar, go to 'Data', then 'From Text'
  4. Find the downloaded file, click on it and "Import"
  5. "Text Import Wizard" opens up.  Step 1: Choose 'delimited' as commas. And click 'Next'
  6. Step 2" choose "Commas". This will separate the text in to columns.
  7. Step 3: Finish. You can format the columns either here or later on.

where do i find "Download listing as CSV" thanks

Michelle2137
Level 4
New South Wales, Australia

reviews are available from  their API because I have a Wordpress plugin on my website that displays them. that would mean there is a CSV available 

Hi Michelle! We have a wordpress site too - can you let me know how you rigged your plugin to do so?

Ken144
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Pull up listing as a traveler.

Click on reviews.

Scroll all the way down to the last review.

Mouse click bottom and drag all the way up to the first listing.

Open MS word.

right click mouse

click paste special

and that should be good to go.

Name and date appears above each review.