extra guest fees

Ursula267
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

extra guest fees

Hi Im Ursula,

I  have been hosting for just under one year, offering accommodation for 2 adults. I recently converted the office into a single bedroom and have spent quite a lot on furnishing it.  My question is about pricing... I could increase my overall fee but that means that a couple would have to pay more to stay than before or  charge for an extra guest and continue advertising as a 2 person accommodation with extra guest fee ? 

thanks for any advice on this matter 

Ursula  

2 Replies 2

@Ursula267 One thing to consider is that many people who travel in pairs are not couples, and prefer to sleep separately. For example, picture two hiking buddies out to climb the nearby mountain that doesn't happen to be called Brokeback, or a young professional having a girls' weekend with her mom.

Having a second bedroom adds significant value to the home for those travelers while also opening the listing up to groups of 3. But turning over a second bedroom with each stay adds to your labor and laundry cost, so the overall rate should go up accordingly.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ursula267 further to @Anonymous answer Airbnb does not cope with charging per bedroom but rather per person. As a result you will never know if one or two bedrooms are intended to be used. You could create two listings - A 1 bed and a 2 bed listing, link the calendars to avoid double bookings and then lock the 2nd bedroom when the 1 bed place rents.