failure to reimburse for damages

failure to reimburse for damages

i have been given the run around from airbnb for 6 months about 14k in damages from a renter.  i have deslt w several reps and the lTest told me all they needed was the complaint on a letter had.  i complied only to be told they were not going to reimburse me! False sense of security!  I have a meeting w my attorney next week to turn over all the email  correspondences ..

Anyone else?

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's difficult to advise without knowing the context @Paul7428 

Why did Airbnb say they wouldn't consider your claim.

if you have a valid claim I would use Airbnb's arbitration system for guarantee disputes before paying an attorney for advice.

I think you pay a few hundred which is returned to you if they fund in your favour .

Tara673
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I am really sorry to hear this.

too have had a couple of experiences where guests have caused damage (not as  substantial amount as you however) and despite going to resolution centre, I haven't been reimbursed.

The problem appears to be to do with the fact that I didn't get the quotes for repairs back to airbnb quickly enough.  This was a result both of covid situation and also because my airbnb is in a remote part of wales where it's really hard to get tradesman to quote in a timely fashion. It's been really frustrating as it's resulted in us having several hundreds of pounds worth of damage that should have been covered through the damage deposit that we include with every booking. 

I am also now really frustrated and no longer trust Airbnb to act in my best interest.  I've spent hours if not days calling/emailing/chatting - continually repeating myself and being fobbed off by customer care people who don't really understand my situation or indeed try to understand  the problems Im facing. 

I really think Airbnb need to improve the claims system and provide more flexibility for hosts who aren't living at their Airbnb properties and can't fix problems easily or quickly.