feedback from a cancellation guest

Alex419
Level 1
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

feedback from a cancellation guest

Hi,

i am new and my first guest stayed the first two nights and cancelled the last night. I was on the flexible cancellation and got all the monies. However i did refund the guest some money to ease his travel burden and cost. He wants to leave an honest feedback but cant seem to do so. I believe cancellation guest cannot leave feedback. please help

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Alex419  If I understand your situation correctly, you have a guest who left a day early and you gave him a refund.  Did he actually cancel or did he just leave?  He and you will get a prompt to write a review and he will be able to review you and visa versa.  If he did not cancel, then the prompt will not come until the day of the original check out.  Guests who never stay at a place but who have cancelled will not be able to provide a review.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Alex419

Adding to  @Linda108's good explanation -

Don't ever reimburse a guest outside the system. If it had been a longer booking the guest would still receive part of the costs depending on how many unused days. The system would calculate this and reimburse the guest automaticaly. Meaning you'd be out of money twice. 

If the guest wasn't entitled to money and you wanted to pay them something anyway, you can always choose to reimburse them for an amount when they cancel. If they decide not to cancel but leave, and you want to reimburse, then you can do that through Change reservation by overwriting the amount. The system then reimburses the difference betw. paid amount and changed amount.