first long term guest

Kula0
Level 1
Fitzroy, Australia

first long term guest

Hi everyone, 

I just had a request for my first long term stay (4 months). 

I just dont want to miss anything when organising or arrpoving the booking and regret it later as an oversight. 

Firstly the guest has only just set up their profile and has no personal information on it and ofcause no reviews as they have not booked before. Secondly she said she is wanting to book the room for her son who is doing a placment at uni. 

As the booking is for 4 months I am not sure how to go about the cleaning. Do I clean the sheets and towles once a week? 

As this is just one room in my house and we occupy the rest and a shared bathroom the bathroom and rest of the house would be clean. 

any advice? 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's not always a good idea when you first start out  on BnB to take long term guests. If you don't like them for whatever reason or there are problems - it's a more difficult situation.

And those living in your accomodation full time will be around and want to use your household facilities much more than a temporary visitor.

Is this what you are looking for?

It's against BnB rules for someone to book for someone else, so if you want to consider the booking then she can ask her son to register himself. You can set your profile settings so he has to be verified ie provide passport/driving license/social media etc.

If he's doing a placement at uni - setting up his own profile shouldn't be too onerous.

If I had a long term guest I would ask questions around what they like and do ie will they be home all the time or out and about. Will they expect to have their friends around, hang out in your living room and cook meals in your kitchen.

I think with long term guests people will change bedding  weekly or provide so guests can do this, themselves.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Helen makes some really good points - you are taking in a lodger....and a young one - what age is he? Are you really up for looking after a teenager for a month?

Second, this is a third party booking which is against AirBnB policy. If he is 18 or older he can have his own profile.