future guest wants to wire me money i want to cancel her booking

Vikki4
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

future guest wants to wire me money i want to cancel her booking

this guest is coming to my city for flat hunting but has asked if she can wire me money so i can go to the flat she wants to move to and secure her place. 

All sounds a bit odd and I want to cancel the booking and get someone legitin her place the time is coming fairly soon. 

how do I do this without being penalised? 

5 Replies 5
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Vikki4 Yes, you're right, totally dodgey - anytime someone wants to pay outside of Airbnb, its a huge red flag. Flag this guest and call Airbnb - they will take care of this for you. All ways to contact Airbnb are here: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Best of luck & hope that helps! Karen

yeah i just get the feelling shes going to cancel a few days before, i cant figure out how to get live chat, airbnb sends you round in circles over and over

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Karen-and-Brian0 @Vikki4 didn't say the guest wants to pay outside of BNB.

She says the guest wants to wire her some cash to pay for a flat she wants.

@Vikki4 you know this makes no  sense. If she can wire you. She can wire the flat she wants 🙂

Call BNB and ask them to cancel the booking and you feel uncomfortable with the guest because of your actions.

Yes @Helen3 I saw that it was for another purpose - but any money transfer, for any reason, off of the Airbnb platform is a big red flag. I stand by the advice I gave, flag the guest & contact Airbnb to get them to cancel the booking. 

@Vikki4 Airbnb contact details are in the link I included in my first response to you. Best of luck!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Vikki4 all the contact details for BNB including phone numbers are a couple of posts above yours 1st post  in this forum 🙂