guest alter their reservation, how the rate would be changed

Holly408
Level 1
Waterloo, CA

guest alter their reservation, how the rate would be changed

I had a guest who booked my place for one week, there is a 5% discount for a week or more stay. 

Unfortunately, after he checked in, he was not satisfied by my airbnb because there is no stove for him to cook meals. So he altered his original booking to check out the second day. I accepted his request. So the payment was the first night plus cleaning fee. My question is: is this first night rate the same as whatever it was when the guest made the reservation at the very beginning? or the original rate after 5% discount? The original booking was one week which qualified for a 5% discount, but after he changed it to one night stay, it was not qualified for the 5% discount anymore. How does the payout work in this case?

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Not sure - would hope it's the standard day rate @Holly408 

By why did you give him a refund. I am presuming it is clear that you don't offer a stove if you are providing kitchen facilities in your listing.

It sounds like he cancelled because he didn't read the listing, in that case I wouldn't have offered a refund, but perhaps a partially refund for any days I was able to rebook.