guest cannot book using the app due to mobile number

Sam4591
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

guest cannot book using the app due to mobile number

Hello, a potential guest is trying to book using the app but it will not accept her mobile number, saying it has already been used. I have sent a pre-approval and she has come back saying the same again has happened and asking for advice.

I cannot advise her because there is no means of messaging her back.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? thanks

Sam

4 Replies 4

@Sam4591  Maybe suggest that the guest to use the Desktop version of the website instead of the app. This can be done on a mobile device or a computer.

If it's an issue with the account rather than a technical problem with the app, there's nothing you can really do - the guest will have to contact Airbnb. 

Sam4591
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thanks Andrew, the only problem we have is that there is no means to contact the guest to advise them

@Sam4591  Best to just let it go, then. Booking inquiries are non-binding and don't usually convert to actual bookings anyway - they're good for answering questions about details not covered in the listing, but it's entirely up to the guest to complete their verifications and advance to the reservation phase.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sam4591  I don't understand- why can't you message her on the Airbnb messaging system? How was she able to send an Inquiry message to you? How has she let you know she is having an issue getting her phone number accepted?  If you have a message stream with her, why can't you continue with it there?