guest crying?

guest crying?

What do you do if a guest is crying? I think they broke up or something. I'm trying to ignore it since they are in an apartment that is separate from my living space. I don't hear yelling or anything and overall they've been good guests. It's just weird.

3 Replies 3
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Wendy-and-Aaron0

It could be a million of other reasons and sometimes people don't like to have somebody else involved on their problems... Sometimes that's all they need, somebody to talk, very difficult situation... If you see them around just ask if there's anything you can help...

@Wendy-and-Aaron0 ....We had a guest a few weeks ago who, while having a drink with us, just started crying...something in the conversation triggered an event in her past. My wife gave her a big hug and we all formed a certain bond at that point, as though we had always been friends. On her last evening she said these few days were the first time in years she had felt at peace.

We didn't pry, we were just there, and Wendy that is all you can do....just hover in the wings. If they want to involve you they will, and whatever you do, don't be seen to take sides.

This woman we had, left before we woke, she said in a phone call afterwards she didn't want a protracted goodbye and she left us a beautiful review.

Some times Wendy, nice things can come from sadness.....just be there!  Cheers.....Rob

Awesome advice @Robin.