guest needs 1-3 months but will depend on condition of baby they are adopting when it is born

Kim168
Level 1
Shreveport, LA

guest needs 1-3 months but will depend on condition of baby they are adopting when it is born

they want to at least 3-4 weeks but may or may not need longer. they will be in town for the birth of their baby that they are adopting but it has a condition that will require surgery at birth and they won't know until that time and depending on extent of surgery  required how long they will have to be here. how can they reserve the 1st 3-4 weeks and me allow them to extend if needed? do I just block out and unblock as they need ? they don't want to book if they won't need longer and then have to cancel. 

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Kim168  What an exciting event you can be a part of, don't you think.  You have to weigh the guest need against your business needs.  You are not obligated to reserve time unless it is booked.  The guest can book the amount of time they know they will need and if during the booking they need time, they can ask for an extension.  If your calendar is available then all is well.  If not, then they would need to find another available place.  Now if the guest wants to share the risk, they can book the amount of time that would be the most they would need and then cancel if they need less.  When they cancel, their request is processed according to your cancellation policy.  You will be paid something less than if you had a full paying guest, but you won't lose it all.  I know it is easy to get your heart involved in this decision, but this is your business.  Good Luck!

So I've had two requests of almost the exact same wording in three weeks. I had a red flag pop up this time in my gut, so I declined the request. I think it's a scam!