guest service fee.

Ronald441
Level 2
Paramount, CA

guest service fee.

I thought I can have a quick answer if I join the group . My question is why do we have to pay guest service fee on top of a 3 % service fee.

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ronald441 most hosts have the choice of paying 3% +vat and the guest pays 14.2%+vat OR a host only fee of  15%+VAT.

For every $100 the guest has available to them the two methods work out very similar in net rate to the host (within 0.5% or so).

Some software connected hosts and hosts in some countries only have the host only option.

Thank you Mike very clear now . 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ronald441 I've just checked your listing and you are on the first method so I am not sure what your question is as you pay 3% and the guest pays 14.2% plus taxes

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ronald441  There are 2 service fee structures now- split fee, where hosts pay 3% and guests pay approx. 14-20%, and all- inclusive host pays all.

There are some hosts who use channel managers who were forced to now have the host only service fees, but otherwise you have a choice of which one to use.

Obviously if the host is paying all the fees, you need to raise your nightly price to cover that. The end cost to the guest is the same, they just don't see a separate service fee on their booking info. 

Thank you Sarah very clear now . Thank for the explanation 

The VAT in Fiji is 9% so how come you are charging 14.2%?