guests give wrong information

Chris34
Level 1
Mornington, Australia

guests give wrong information

I am on Instant Bookingsand offer 1 bedroom (1 bed), and a living area with kitchen and bathroom, suitable for couples. A couple have instant booked for her and 1 other. They actually have 2 children so are booking for her and 3 others. My accommadation does not cater for a family as showen on my site, obviously they havent thoroughly read the information. What do I do? How do I get them to cancel? Chris

5 Replies 5
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Chris34  Hi Chris, You will need to message this guest and state that your accommodation is exactly as listed, and is not suitable for any more than two people and ask her to cancel the booking and look for another listing more suitable. This happens often Chris...... guests don't consider children as guests...... they are like a suitcase, or some other item that just happens to get carted around with the guest. We have the same problem with pets...because we have a dog it is automatically assumed that we will accept an African Macaw, a Tasmanian Tiger or a Hairy Nosed wombat chewing and digging their way through our back yard!!

But Chris, what ever you do, don't cancel this booking request yourself! This is most important, as you will pay a severe penalty through Airbnb if you (as a host) do. If the guest won't cancel the booking, and you are quite firm that you can't come to some arrangement with them over these additioinal 'items' then get onto Airbnb on 02 8520 3333, explain your situation and get them to relocate the guest to a more satisfactory premises....Good luck Chris....

Oh incidentally, if you do have to call Airbnb there is a possibility you may run into a small issue. They are very quick to answer and respond, in fact one of the fastest most contactable companies I have ever dealt with but.......when you call, the automated gateway will tell you to insert the phone number you use for Airbnb followed by the # key. The automated system will then possibly tell you that, that number is not recognised by Airbnb and it will ask you the same question again. Repeat the process using that same number and once you have gone through this charade for a 4th time the system will let you speak to someone.....Don't ask me why it's like that Chris....it just is....Cheers.....Rob

Great answer!! Props

Chris34
Level 1
Mornington, Australia

Thank you so much!!

Hi Rob, thank you for that information, they won't cancel, they say they wont get any money back and I get the booking fee! And why didnt I refuse their Instant booking etc. It is getting nasty. The booking happened at 1.00 am when I was in bed. Even if it was during the day, I dont know how (can you?) to refuse an Instant booking it happens so quickly. I will have to ring the number you gave me. Don't they get a full refund? Chris

Chris34
Level 1
Mornington, Australia

Hi Rob,

I rang Airbnb and they are going to cancel the reservation for me. Thank you so much for your help you are a life saver!! Chris

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Chris34......Chris that's what I and a couple of dozen others are here for......we try to help each other because it raises the level of the Airbnb name....the platform.....it makes us all better hosts! There are hosts that criticise us for giving information because, their view is that we are simply creating more competition, and as a result are leading to a trashing of the brand. You Chris are a Superhost, you have earned your stripes...and if I can help someone like you continue to be that great host that you obviously are....then, competition or not, I feel good about that!

Continue to do what you do so well....cheers....Rob