guests not reading listing details..

Answered!
Karen965
Level 3
Dumfries, United Kingdom

guests not reading listing details..

I know there have been other similar posts, but just wondered if anyone has any other thoughts about how to be sure upcoming guests have read the listing details, house rules etc. I've just been marked down by a guest as she didn't appreciated that our property is two flights up a spiral staircase.. I mention the stairs six times in the header, description and rules.. what else can I do? Should I copy the rules etc into my welcoming email to guests?

See below for the mentions I give the stairs...

Listing name:  Period Town Flat - 2nd Floor - centrally placed

In the description 'space' :  Does not suit disabled guests as has two flights of stairs.

In the description 'guest access': 3D is at the top of the stairs, 2 flights up

Guest interaction: Someone is always at the end of a phone and we are always happy to assist in carrying luggage up and down the stairs.

Other things to note: The flat is 2 flights up a circular staircase.

Details guests must know about your home:  Must climb stairs

I'm pulling my hair out with people not reading the listing.. how hard can it be!

1 Best Answer
David192
Level 10
Norwich, United Kingdom

Perhaps put this information in the 'House Rules' part of the listing ie. the part that the guest must click 'Yes' to acknowledge that they have read it before they are allowed to book?

I hope you expressed your exasperation to the guest. You certainly have a right to be annoyed.

View Best Answer in original post

60 Replies 60

Thanks, that's encouraging.