handling difficult seller alone, and having no trust in Airbnb consumer support system

Matt434
Level 3
Reston, VA

handling difficult seller alone, and having no trust in Airbnb consumer support system

Dear community of hosts and airbnb employees, 

I'm staying in a long term, month long whole space reserved on the airbnb platform.,

The seller wants to "meet me and talk". 

What am I supposed to do?

A. Dont meet, and it will lead to retaliatory review, always defaulting to fraudulent false claims of cleaning, and potential slander.  This host betrayal is emotionally painful., and airbnb often mishandles this

B. Meet, be friendly, let my guard down, talk shop, try to appease seller's suspicious minds and fears, and then risk not aligning with seller's beliefs in health, , politics, and/or seller will want more, and want to bring contractors in later, inspect, half way through stay  etc, etc, etc, and if i protest any sellers wishes and rub his/her ego wrong, it defaults to negative cleaning review attack toward consumer and slander.

Which route should I take that will give the lesser probability of a review attack?

My only new goal now using airbnb, is to avoid slander, review harassment and retaliatory cleaning review against me, the consumer, by uneducated , untrained, immature hosts.

Disclosure:

I reserve space on airbnb to work remote, and be left alone and not harassed by negative cleaning reviews by new DIY cleaning hosts cutting corners, desperate to maximize profits, and who have no experience in owning a hosting rental business...

After 100+ long term stays around the world and back in America post pandemic,  I have lost trust in Airbnb to support me, and I know them to betray me, confuse me, give conflicting messages post slander,  go back on their word, say one thing and do another, and default to protector and representation of host,. 

I have lost trust in hosts.

I have lost joy in using airbnb as a guest long term stay consumer .

i have no trust in the review system and it is used fraudulently, hurtful, used to intimidate the consumer, and is a threat to the consumers safety, well being and mental health. .

3 Replies 3
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Matt434   Why are you still using Airbnb?  Go to a residential hotel. 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Matt434  I really think you should look for a different platform that focuses on mid-range rentals of 2-6 months that does not have the same visible review format. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Matt434  This is now your 5th topic post on the same subject. It's obsessive. Stop booking Airbnbs if they are so problematic for you. Hosts don't owe you a place to live, nor a good review if they don't feel you deserved it.