help, I have a terrible guest that I want to leave

Shauna0
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

help, I have a terrible guest that I want to leave

Hello Community,

I have a guest staying in my place Dec 23 - Jan 6th

Problems started right away. They are continually knocking on my neighbours door asking for stuff. They will not reply to any text or email I send.

example .... after emailing them and texting them  my wifi info, and explaining all information is in the house rules .... they knocked on my neighbours door and asked for her wifi.

The next day they knocked again asking her to open a bottle of wine. She contacted me and told me she could hear a party in my place.

I have emailed ABB but no reply yet. I do not want these guests in my place on NYE and am extremely worried about property damage.

I am also on vacation till the 30th

I have never an issue with a guest but these people I want out.

Thank you

Can anyone help?

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Shauna0,

Have you tried calling Airbnb?  The best way to get advice is to send a message via Twitter to @Airbnbhelp.  They will get back to you rather quickly.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Dave-and-Deb0

Thank you for the twitter tip. I didn't even think about that. Really appreciate it.

Peter0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Our thoughts are with you.  I would advise you to stay calm because there may be limits to what can be done.  Airbnb might try to encourage them to leave but physically forcing people out of a property is very difficult if they don't want to go.  You won't get a court order in 48 hours.  

My own worst experience was when I was called one evening when I was away to be informed about the rave that was taking place in my apartment 😞  I knew there was nothing I could do and simply braced myself to deal with the damage (which Airbnb paid me for in full).  You have the right of course to enter your property and my advice to you would be on the 30th when you get back home to go in and talk to the guests and maybe ask them how they plan to see in the new year and express the hope that they will be careful not to cause any disturbance.  I realise this isn't what you want but I'm only suggesting it against the possibility that antagonism from a frustrated attempt to get them to leave might create a worse environment for you and your neighbours than politely trying to calm them down.