host wants to cancel

Answered!
Joe71
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

host wants to cancel

Hi All,

My host for tonight has had my room double booked so in essence I am booked to stay there but so is someone else. How does this booking get cancelled so that I do not be charged any money for someone elses mistake?

Thanks

Joe

1 Best Answer
Joe71
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Donna. Much appreciated.

Contacting AirBNB through their number is impossible. I have tried on numerous occassions and can never get through to anyone at all. It seems they have built this community for others to help solve their probs....

Thanks again though.

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Joe71, the host made the mistake, so it is her/his responsibility to sort things out for you. 

She could ask you to cancel with the proviso that you will be refunded the AirBnB booking fee by means of the Resolution Centre. 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/The-Resolution-Center-A-Community-Help-Guide-Request-or-Offer/...

That way you won't be out of the pocket. 

You might also want to contact AirBnB and ask their advice. Perhaps they can arrange alternative accommodation for you. 

It's worth a try. AirBnB does not look kindly on hosts who don't keep their calendars up to date, or don't sync them with other home sharing platforms. 

The UK number.

+44 203 318 1111

Joe71
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Donna. Much appreciated.

Contacting AirBNB through their number is impossible. I have tried on numerous occassions and can never get through to anyone at all. It seems they have built this community for others to help solve their probs....

Thanks again though.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Contact them via their social media. You will get a quick reply.

Joe71
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Helen, thats orted it all out for me. Contacted them through FB and got a response. Rining them on their UK number is somewhat a bit off a joke...Thanks again.

I have had great success with contacting AirBNB through their @AirBNBHelp twitter account. Though it can take some time, eventually someone calls you to resolve the issue.

Joe71
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Susan, got through to them via FB. Much appreciate your response.

For the host, the site is confusing and not user friendly and straightforward. As host, I cannot accept or decline as the site takes me off to a search for accommodation, and I can just imagine the frustration for both parties.

Denlia0
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi all- pse help! I'm a relatively new airbnb host and recently switched to instant host as airbnb recommended it to generate more bookings. What has now happened is that i had listed my home through an agent for the Christmas holidays and got a confirmed booking through the agent for a periodover the Christmas hols, then, the same day got an 'instant book' for 7 days of the listed period through airbnb which overlaps with the first booking, and straight after that another  instant book for the following 8 days during the same period. Ididn't reallise that with instant book I don't have a choice re whether i accept the booking or not, otherwise would not have listed the home on airbnb and with an agent. What do i do now? I've tried to cancel the agent booking but can't do so as have enormous penalty payment. Shall i cancel through airbnb and pay the penalty? ( this will be my first cancellation after 4 airbnb lets) Or shall I contact the guest directly? I'm ok with paying a penalty but feel bad about letting the guest down and losing possible super host status for a year. Denni

@Denlia0 @Amie6

Up to a very few certain number of times, hosts can cancel IB reservations without penalty - by using "not comfortable hosting this guest" as a reason. 

If you are using other platforms to rent your space you should absolutely turn the Instant Book function off. 

@Garry15

If you have messages from the host asking you to cancel and that they are trying to unfairly get you to pay more, "flag" the host and contact Airbnb that you would like for them to arrange an alternative booking for you. 

Amie6
Level 2
Houston, TX

I too was on the instant booking.  It is not user friendly.  I cant keep my calender up to date with the quickness of them openning my dates.  I had someone book today for days that I need to be at my home.  Why was I charged a fee of $50?  I feel this charge is high.

@Amie6  You were charged $50 to discourage hosts from cancelling on their guests.  I suggest you Turn Instant Book Off if you can't keep up with the reservations.

i just booked the 9 days stay at tokyo, my host wanna to cancel it due to she wanna to increase the fee and she refused to cancel and asking me to cancel instead. what can i do

Go to:

Contact Us
"My host wasn't able to answer my question"
What is your question about? "A Reservation"
Select correct reservation (if multiple reservations have been made on airbnb)
How can we help with this reservation? "Alterations and Cancellations"
then
"My host asked me to cancel."
Big red button "Ask <host name> to Cancel"

They'll have 48 hours to respond. If they don't, go back and do this again but follow with "What if my host doesn't respond" and explain the situation in the box that follows.

I'm going through this right now myself. Still waiting out my 48hrs.